Fault 42

I keep my behavior shiny clean. I go to all my classes and regents prep. I fear I will fail some regents but I'm reckless so I don't worry about the consequences.
The night of the football was full of energy. I only attend just for main event. I don't expect this part of prank to work when the hair one didn't. There's so much energy and we a group of six only sit with sinister smiles making bets if it'll happen or not.
"I'm telling you guys we'll win" Josh keep nagging us about. I've come to realize he didn't mind being the only guy in the group.
Ash clarifies, "Yeah yeah and if they do we'll pay you the money we bet."
They get all lined up. The first one to fall over was the quarterback. The rest fall like dominos. Shaking and holding their asses like their lives depended on it. The other team looks confused at first. We get up to leave once the other plays start running around screaming and laughing.
The remaining night and that following day we take Josh's minivan and ride from state to state doing faults. Of course we had permission from our parents. And finally was my behavior starting to rub off on them. Not too much but I noticed the reckless behavior without concern for the future consequences. Ash is driving so she listens in on the school radio station. The conversation of the day was about the fateful lost our school experienced.
"Don't you think it was kind of harsh we cost them a game" Josh says while counting the money he collected from us. We grin at him.
I work on my little letter to them. Heartbreaking but I keep it together because I'm in a car with too many people to cry. Josh leans over.
"Is that for you know who?"
"Yes" I acknowledge but I don't want to. "Can you help me?"
He takes my laptop off my lap and types up words I couldn't mutter out.
I finally discovered my fault.