Fault 3

My Saturday was golden. Mom took the runts out and the house was all too myself. If I only I had a taste in music; I could be playing that as loud as possible. It wasn't exactly golden. It was painful. For most of the morning spent it planning my death which only lead to a blade against my skin and bleeding myself dry.
    I only watched tv and laid on the couch eating any cereal that satisfied my needs. The doorbell started to ring but it wasn't the ring my family would use. To my surprise it was Josh. I wish he never drove me home.
Maybe he still wants me to babysit. But I'm too lazy.
He asked, "Can I come in?"
"As long as you aren't a vampire?" I opened the door.
"Your house seems oddly plain" he commented. I couldn't agree more. It was just tanish brown every where. Maybe I can ask mom to do some painting.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'd ask you to baby sit but" he paused and bit his lips, "There's been a change of plans. So no baby sitting. Do you want to go out?"
Out as in to some place and hang out or out as in let's date. I hope it's neither I make no plans to leave this house.
"Thanks but no thanks."
Josh says, "You're just watching cartoons. Why don't you get out more often?"
I glared at him. "Why would I want to go anywhere with someone like you?"
Josh folded his arms. "I'm only trying to be nice but never mind. I'll be on my way."
    I began to escorted him out. I wish I had more condolences. Even I could see the loneliness in his eyes. I swallowed my salvia. Can't I just warm my heart up a little bit.
"Wait Josh. Let's go bowling or something."
He smiled and grabbed my arms. "I love bowling. I know this cool bowling spot too. Hurry up and get dressed."
I looked at my sweats. "This isn't appropriate for bowling?"
    Josh didn't say anything but I take it he wanted me to go back in and change. I kept my same t-shirt on and put on jeans. Josh was jumping around like a child. It was unbelievably cute. He opened the car door for me. Excitement must bring the gentleman out of him.
"So do you know how to bowl?" He asked.
"Nope but I'm sure it'd easy." To be completely honest I saw a bowling commerial before he came. Josh stopped at a red light. He changed between radio stations. I heard the beginning of a guitar. "Wait go back" I panicked hoping I didn't miss it. I heard the same guitar and amazing drums.
He whispered "Oh so you like metal."
     I only nodded. I didn't know the  genre nor band but it sound all to well for me to just float by past. I found the name of the band to be Motionless In White. I searched them up while Josh was suggestion music. They're a heavy metal band. I'd listen to more of their work when I got home. Josh suddenly became a teacher about my phone.
     He parked in an open space in front of the entrance. It was dark inside just how I liked it. Josh patted my shoulder and said something but I couldn't hear due to the ringing in my ear. I only nodded yes. I followed him and told the lady my shoe size.
"So the rules of bowling" Josh began as I picked up a bowling ball.
"Can I go first?"
"After I explain the rules."
     I didn't want to wait so I put my fingers in the holes on the ball and swung it. The sound of the pins was refreshing as I earned a strike. Josh hugged me from behind.
"That was hella impressive. Got some skill." Josh went next and only knocked four down. He went again and knocked the remaining down. I understood the game in some ways. Except the excitement people got off of getting a strike. It's refreshing but not exciting.
     This is the first we hung out, outside of school and it wasn't as bad as expect. There was no bars up on the sides so some of my balls went in the gutter putting Josh in the lead. We took a short break while he spoke to some friends. It was my turn now and I rolled a split. Josh's spirit animal roared at me. I was only able to knock down one pin. Josh lifted me off my feet and spun me around.
"Sorry Ryan but you're losing this match. I'm wearing my lucky shoes."
I groaned "Put me down you're making me nauseous."
He spun around a few more times before running to get his bowling ball. He rolled a strike. I still didn't understand the excitement but I smiled anyway. We got curly fries and chicken tenders. The curly fries tasted like heaven in my mouth. It burned so maybe hell. But heaven can catch on fire every now and then.
Josh covered his mouth and asked "Did you have any fun today?"
So many manners. I like this Josh.
"Yes" I answered and took the remaining fries. "This was better than staying in the house."
    All truths. It was much better than slicing some skin away and being lonely. Not that I think I'm lonely. I have Dipper and Mabel and that's all that's really necessary.