Fault 13

She's around her late thirties or forties. Brown curly hair pinned into a ponytail; that stops short at her neck. Few strings of hair was brushing her neck to her comfort. Her face was just as round as mine with big gray foggy eyes.
I did not approve of this one bit.
    She strolls over to me putting the pineapple in her basket. I look at Josh with panic. Can my he not notice how uncomfortable I am becoming? As she is in my little personal space my body becomes rigid. It would be impossible to move.
"I know you. I know you..." she repeats and I assume she's off her plug.
"Do you know her?" Josh questions with his hand protectively around my waist.
"Yes she does. That's my little angel. My baby. I thought I'd never see you again."
I argue politely, "I'm sorry but I don't know you." I tug on Josh's shoulder to go. He practical drags me away from her. We walk calmly not bringing in unwanted attention. It doesn't work. I catch her pick up a tomato and launches it at him like this is the Olympics.
"That's my daughter and I know it. Get away from her right now!"
   Two employees are already stepping between us. I clean Josh's shirt. What was a waste of a good tomato and a good shirt. Josh makes it simple and picks up package cold cuts, paper plates, and plastic knives. If we was here for three days we'd need them. I get a bag of small bagels and a small container of cream cheese. We're now pushing the cart to the car.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"Not now," I answer. "But later tonight yeah."
    Josh winks at me and I feel my heart do cart wheels. I open the car trunk for him. He's holding the case of water, I can see his muscles much better. Not the time to be gawking at him, I tell myself. Josh opens the passenger door for me and shuts it softly.
Once Josh got in. Stacey annouces, "I booked us two rooms because last night or rather this mornings depressing bicker fest was annoying." She coughs and directs it to the both of us.
     Stacey lives with her wealthy father. He's a lawyer. Not a big shot but he makes just enough. Her other dad makes just enough as well to give her a decent allowance. I wish I got allowance.
   Before we pull off Josh's phone rings and we sit just a little longer. I look out the window; making scenarios of the future if we're still together and still doing this. Oh what the future brings is quite unbearable to wait.
He's still on the phone and it becomes a bother. We had no interviews planned for the day but I wanted to lay down and organize my laptop some more. Josh hangs up the phone with a groan. I laugh silently for mom not calling me.
    We don't move right away. I debate on using the bathroom or if I could wait longer. So fast and suddenly a person of female gender slams against my side of the window. She beats her hands on the window frantically.
"You are my daughter" her voice mumbled by the window. Josh wastes no time pulling off.
"What the hell was that?" Ash asks.
Josh responds, "Just some lady in the supermarket thinks Ryan is her daughter. She's off her plug. Let's drop it."
   Josh says and steals my words well. Not exact words but my excuse was something like that. I bring my duffle bag with me. It was more necessary now that my other clothes needed to be washed. Our room had mirrors on the ceiling. Must have been awkward for the other couples. It was for me. Just looking at myself was strange. Looking at myself this much was weird because every mirror appeared to be cracked.

Josh is jumping on his bed like a child. I find it adorable but I keep all focus on the emails that was piling in. He appeared happy and carefree. Plastering a smile on my face. I don't like smiling. Except when it's Josh; a smile always finds its way on my face.
"What's your fault?"
"Its not what you think it is" I answer. "You know I can't tell anyone until a the strings meet back at me."
"Okay so is it a big or small fault? I'm sorry correction. Is your fault a major one?" I smile at his correction.
"I don't know where it falls. I know every fault falls some where in the hay stack but mine... it doesn't seem.
to fall anywhere."
"I'm excited to know your fault. It might be at while until I know but I bet it's something not many of us suffer with."
     To be completely honest I wasn't aware of my fault. Yes, me being suicidal and serverly depressed was considered a fault it's just not my fault. Your fault must make you upset and leads you to suicidal tendencies. There's nothing wrong with me. At least I think there's nothing wrong with me. I always thought I was normal despite my depression. I put my laptop on the floor and look at the ceiling.
"Tell me something you want to do when you're older?" Josh asks.
I responde,"Get tattoos. A lot of them. Tell me something you want to do when you're older?"
"Hm let's see. I kinda want to be a-"
"No no," I interrupt, "Not career wise but when you're out of high school for those few months."
He answers,"I actually want to travel. I'm not going to college."

I guess it was smart to finally get to know Josh on a more personal level. He couldn't stand ignorance. No one should be able to stand ignorance. From what he tells me he gets his hatred for ignorance from his mother's ignorance. I couldn't relate.
"My mom is just paranoid. I'm surprised she's dating someone."
"I'm surprised you aren't," he repeats to me.
"And why are you not in a relationship?"
"Because..." he pauses and touches his chest elegantly, "I am manipulating trash."
He's not half wrong about that. I find myself in the depths of the dead sea. I regret suggesting Josh to finish the interviews. So many girls were dying to meet him. I plan to show Josh but I imagine a cocktail reaction. A cocktail reaction isn't what I needed to see or hear. I make an announcement against all his fangirls and shut it closed.
    When I looked up Josh wasn't on the bed. The car keys were gone as well. Maybe he went to get the food out the car before it goes bad. I get the sense to call mom. Not that I was worried about her but my plants I was worried about. Maybe just her as well. I change my plans and just send her a text.
Ash and Stacey come in with Josh trailing behind them. I roll over and shove my face in the pillow and pretend to sleep.

Author's note: I sense a writer's block coming.