Fault 22

I look at the recordings after Josh leaves. Stacey worked with Alice. It surprised me that she was in it. Not Alice- I mean Alice and Stacey. Stacey just seemed like she knew we'd go out of states and wanted to tag along. I don't know there's more to it. I'm sure she wanted in on this for a bigger reason I can't seem to figure out. Though I appreciate everything she's contributed through this. She almost seems less annoying than what I thought.
I stay up late responding to emails. This is a four man job. I respond back to one that looks familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it at least not right away. After responding back to three emails it belonged to a teacher of mine. I wish I knew all my teacher's first and last name instead of saying miss. I continue to email them until I was ready to go to sleep. If only sleep came effortlessly.

It's a blessing I start second period. Extra sleep but always late for class. I never wake up in time for me to get ready for school. Just enough time for me to quickly brush my teeth and get dressed.
That's just my normal schedule for school. I woke up exactly when my alarm clock rung. I just lay in bed until seven thirty then began getting dressed. I leave the house with my video camera. I had no picture of this person. I'm only meeting them in the auditorium after tenth period ends. I wonder who this they might be. I'll wonder their fault but I'll learn that soon.
I wait outside of my second period class. Seems like I'm not running late today. I sit on the floor and play with my video camera. I have to buy a new memory card after this fault is done. I check my time. Twenty minutes into the period and still no one is here. I read the note on the classroom door. It makes me grin and walk to the basement. Our classroom got changed around. The one time I'm early I'm late. Now they get to hear my music twice as loud as yesterday.
I open the door and kick it shut with my foot. Step one: Mr.Issac complains and calls me a delinquent. Step two: I don't turn my music down. Step three: questions.
"Why are you late again?" he asks without moving his face from the attendance sheet.
"I was actually on time I was just at the wrong classroom."
"Excuses excuses" he sings. Any other day it is an excuse except for today. "Your attendance was perfect when you first came-"
"Two keywords. Was and first came here. Get over it."
I take my seat and the class screams in silence. I don't plan on giving Mr.Isaac a hard time but he just needs to understand the on time always prepared girl is dead; and the new version of her is just filling in the replacement. Unfortunately it's hard for me to believe as well.
I manage writing with my hand. Still kinda of hurts but not as much before. I don't like the idea of just sitting there looking over the notes. I prefer writing them.

I don't bolt out the class. I stay behind to be late a little late for third period. I would love to get dressed for swim gym but I don't have pretty legs. And I don't want anyone nosing the through my life more than necessary.
"Mind hurrying up to get my classroom" Mr.Issac says.
I don't make a comment. I'm pretty sure he's late to another class just by my hold up. We get to be late together. Josh is sitting on the staircase.
"Don't you have some AP class to get to?"
"Doesn't necessarily mean I care to go. Any faults we're doing today?"
I answer with a grin,"Yup! And he's a teacher here. I can't wait to hear his fault. Didn't think we'd be doing adults."
Josh opened his mouth but closed it. He spun me around facing the empty classrooms. I look around because I have no clue what I'm looking at.
"Can you really not see it? Look at the stair case down the hall." I don't need glasses for this but it sure feels like I do. Josh dragged me over to the staircase.
"Oh the hand. I wonder if it's a dead body. That'll be cool."
Josh grinned at me. I didn't go around the corner with him. He wasn't saying much so it could have been a dead body. I peak around the corner a bit.
"Oh its just Mr.Issac. Looks like he fell."
He lifted him up. "Want to give me a hand? And he's not dead so drop the idea."
I slip his arm around my shoulder. Great a cliche a nine scene. I would have prefer ed leaving him there but he's not that bad of a person. The security guard take him off our shoulders.
"I still wish it was a dead body" I mumble to Josh as he walks me to swim gym.
"Yes yes we can play Detective Sherlock some other time. As long as it's not with other people's life."
"Boo that's no fun" I stick my tongue out afterwards.
I really didn't want to go swim gym. There's only twenty five minutes left. Minds well make the most of it. I sit on the bleachers with some other girls and guys how hadn't got dressed either. Funny how it's always the few juniors as well. Must be a junior thing.

After tenth period was the highlight of my day. Ash, Stacey and Josh waited for me in the auditorium. I expected Josh but I never had the chance to tell Ash and Stacey. The more the merrier. I'm excited to see who they might be.
I laid across the stage. Waiting was a pain. Gonna have to mention that we won't wait longer than thirty minutes on the sit tonight. I'll let this slide but not the next time.
"I am starving," Josh groaned, "why can't we go getting something to eat? I'm tired of waiting."
"Then go" I reply. I am hungry myself. "I don't want to miss this guy or gal's fault."
Ash abruptly sat up. She looked towards the entrance of the auditorium. I look but she no one. I turn my head down the rows.
"Oh this is interesting" Josh coos.
"You four are doing this project? Thought it would be someone else."
Mr.Issac's appearance takes us by surprise. No one musters a thing, we stand and stare at him. Him off all people. I never believe he would be here.
"Let's settle this with rock paper scissors" I announce and it echoes. We turn to face each other with our fist in our other hands. A few shakes later it's tied between me and Ash. She looks determined to win but I. An already predict her next move.
"No fair" she says seconds later. "Mr.Issac, Ryan will take you up on your fault."

I direct him to come on stage. I drag out two metal fold up chairs. This would be good. Too good. I think we'll attract more people at this rate. We seated across from each other. One leg on top of the other with my little notebook in hand.
"Ready to begin?"
"Yes."