History

It was a while later, Julia had gone to sleep on the sofa with a spare duvet and Ollie and Zosia were sat in bed.

He was sat leaning against the head board and she was snuggled into him with his arms around her.

"So are you actually going to tell me what happened, or why I have a sixteen year old on my sofa?" He asked

"I suppose." She sighed

"You don't have to."

She began as if she ignored him "When I was thirteen, my dads brother, my uncle John tried to get me to sleep with him. He pushed me to do it with him and when I refused, he..." She paused tears coming to her eyes

Ollies arms tightened slightly, understanding what she was trying to say. He held her protectively.

"He tried to rape his thirteen year old niece. Julia rang me last week and told me he threatened her to try to get her to sleep with him. I just had to get her out of there. She wasn't safe. She's only sixteen."

"You said he tried to..." Ollie slowed at the end

"He tried to rape me, I froze, when I realised or when my brain clicked at what was happening, I just screamed. My dad found him ontop of me pinning me to a bed with his hand over my mouth."

Zosia now had tears flowing down her cheeks but she continued " my dad nearly killed him. I'm being serious. He pulled my uncle off me and pushed him into the wall before he started to strangle him. My mum came up and called the police when she found out what had happened. If they hadn't got there when they did my dad would have killed him. He was about thirty seconds away from being dead."  

"Why wasn't he arrested, your uncle?" Ollie asked

"He was, my dad was as well. Because when they got there he was strangling his brother. But we were still in Poland and the polish justice system, well it's pretty much non-existent. The both got released the next day. That's when my dad came up with the idea of us moving over here."

Ollie pulled her impossibly closed and tried to sooth her not really knowing what to say.

He just held her and tried to make her feel safe until she went to sleep.