Alone

They both knew the other was awake, they just didn't want to move. It was the first morning and they had spent alone in months, first Julia had turned up then penny needed somewhere to stay. Neither of them blamed penny or Julia for not having any alone time, they were both happy to put them up but the quiet was wonderful in more ways than they could describe. The fact that they could just lay in bed all day holding each other without worrying about anybody else walking in made both of their hearts flutter. It was the little things, the little intimate moments that they used to share, that they had missed. So waking up that morning in bed, nothing between them, no interruptions or thought in their minds that they had to get up felt amazing to both of them.
Ollie eventually broke the silence "I love you."
"I know, though I'm not really sure why." Zosia replied
Ollie wasn't sure if she was serious when she said this he hated to think that Zosia didn't think he was with her for a reason, it was almost as if she thought he was just putting up with her.
"Because you're amazing, you're the strongest person I've ever met. You don't listen to anyone you don't want to, you're obsessed with your job, in the best way possible." He paused to lift her chin and force her eyes to his own "you're beautiful. And you are the love of my life. Even if you don't know why."
Zosia smiled still looking in his eyes "I love you too, more than anything."