Priorities

"So how long have you and Zosia been together, she didn't really tell me much. Apart from the fact that my dad doesn't like you but then my dad doesn't really like anyone."

At this moment Zosia came in. Ollie looked at her and smiled.

"About six months, and no your dad doesn't like me." Ollie replied still smiling at her as she came and stood behind him.

"So what did you do? Why does he not like you?" Julia questioned

"Well I didn't really do anything but in his words 'I'm not good enough.' "

Zosia smiled "my dad could pick out someone for me and they still wouldn't be good enough."

"Yes but they wouldn't be 'a flake with the baggage of a dead wife', as your father so kindly described me." Ollie said looking at Zosia before she moved to sit on the sofa in the middle of Ollie and Julia.

"Wait he actually said that?" Julia asked

"Yes, after he told a patient he didn't think I was good enough at my job."

"Hypocrite, like he hasn't got a dead wife" She said

Zosia was quick to change the subject with the mention of Anya

"Yeah well it isn't about what my dad thinks, I love you, that's what matters." Zosia said smiling 

"I love you too."

She snuggled into his side and he put an arm around her.

"So who are all these of photos then?" Julia asked

Ollie looked around arm still holding Zosia.

He pointed at a picture on the window sill, "that's penny, she was my sister, she died about five years ago." He then pointed at two photos on a shelf "obviously the one on the right is your mum, and Tara on the left, she was my wife."

"So what happened, to your sister and wife?" Julia asked before getting a disapproving look from Zosia.

"You don't have to answer that." Zosia said now looking back at Ollie

"No it's fine, my sister went to assist at a train crash when we were training, " Ollie paused looking at the picture of his sister, "she didn't come back alive." He then looked at the photo of Tara "Tara had a brain tumour, she died during surgery."

"I'm sorry." Julia said 

"Don't be," he replied "I loved Tara but that's the past, this is now. This is what's important." He said looking at Zosia

She smiled at him and leaned up to gently kiss his Lips, Julia just smiled at the pair.