Sick joke

"Penny,,..."

No other words were said.

No one had words that would make a difference.

No one knew what to say.

Ollie thought back to that night, that night his world came crashing down.

He didn't understand.

Michael and Frieda had told him what had happened,  they wouldn't have come back without her on purpose, they wouldn't have lied about her being dead. Even if they did what could possibly have happened after the train collapsed.

Then it all came back to him. It did matter anyway.

OLLIES POV

This was all my fault. All of it. She hates me.

Maybe she did this to get away from me. We fell out she was angry at me, maybe she did all this to get at me.

But then I thought for a minute, I identified her 'dead' body. I saw it.

What the hell is this. This is crazy.

Why wasn't I told about this sooner. Jac knows how much this hurt me why didn't she tell me. Why did mr Hansen agree not to tell me.

Why did Zosia not tell me.

Maybe they're all messing with me. This isn't really happening. It can't be. This is just some girl who looks really similar to penny and Jac and Zosia and just playing a joke on me.

A really sick joke.

NO ONES POV

Ollie suddenly started laughing everyone looked at him

Jac was the first to speak "what's so funny?"

"Good joke this. I mean it's pretty sick but I'll admit you had me fooled." Ollie said

"Oh come on Ollie even I'm not that good. You're in denial."

"No.!"Ollie suddenly shouted making Zosia jump "no this isn't really, it can't be you're all crazy. I identified the body I saw her she is dead. You're all just playing games with me you're trying to get into my head."

"Ollie," Zosia said but Ollie had stormed out.

"You go after him I'll do these checks." Jac said

Zosia followed Ollie to the staff room where she was nearly hit by a flying mug that Ollie threw as she opened the door.

"Ollie you need to calm down."

"Calm down, calm down. Are you being serious right now." He shouted.

"I know you don't really know what to think and I know it's a big thing. But you know it's not a joke Ollie, you don't need me to tell you." Zosia knew she had to get him out of this denial so she tried to calm him.

"No, no I need you to tell me the truth. What is she doing here? Why isn't she dead?" Ollie continued to shout

"I don't know, Ollie. She Hasn't woken up until now nobody knows anything." She explained

"But you knew she wasn't dead, you knew she was in there and you looked me in the eye and lied straight to my face. You know what? I can't do this. I can't be with someone who can lie to me about something so important. I thought you loved me. I thought you cared but how can you when you couldn't even tell me about this."
Ollie walked out of the staff room leaving Zosia alone tears on her cheeks.