New year pt1

It was New Year's Eve and Zosia and Ollie had been called in to work last minute Ollie was sat at the nurses station and Zosia was talking to her elderly patient.
Zosia tried to concentrate, she tried to talk to her patient and tried not to laugh but as she looked over at Ollie glaring at her again she just couldn't hold it in.
She burst out laughing before turning back to her patient "I'm sorry."
"Oh, it quite alright my dear. I'm not in a rush. It's nice to see two young people so happy. Though he doesn't look too happy with you."
"Well I was promised New Years in bed." Ollie said trying to sound angry as he came over to join his girlfriend.
Zosia laughed a little more and the patient looked at the pair questionably "mr valentine here, is getting old, miss Wilde."
"No, okay we have had this conversation before there is only like two years between us and you are bullying me by making fun of much age. And that by the way is not the point." Ollie said
"You know it isn't my fault we have to work, right?"
Ollie opened his mouth but was cut off by his pager, he excused himself and left Zosia with miss Wilde.
"You two argue like an old married couple, how long have you been together? If you don't mind me asking." Miss Wilde asked
"Just under a year." Zosia replied sitting down on the edge of the bed
"I married my Ben after a year. It was the most magical time of my life, the dancing, the music, the love. Till death do us part. He died a few years ago and our son put me in a care home, he said it would be good for me, that I wouldn't be alone. I suppose he was right, but nothing's the same now not without my Ben."
"Well it sounds like he was wonderful." Zosia smiled at her.
"Well anyway, enough about me what about you, any chance mr Valentine might pop the question?"
Zosia laughed a little in response
"What? Are you saying you wouldn't jump into his arms and dance the night away if he asked you to marry him."
Zosia stopped laughing and thought about it seriously for a second "well technically I didn't say anything."
"Have you never thought about getting married and settling down, maybe even with a few kids?"
"Well it's certainly not something we've talked about together."
Miss Wilde saw a look on Zosia face "but?" She questioned sensing there was one.
Zosia sighed and replied "but, I don't suppose I'd be completely opposed to the idea if he asked me." What she didn't know was that Ollie had heard what she said and was now smiling from behind the door, he didn't seem so bothered about being in work anymore.

Happy new year everyone, so this is a multi part chapter so expect this from the next few weeks, thank you so much for reading my story if anyone has any suggestions or requests for the story please comment as I may be running out of ideas.
Thank you.