'I will never be out of your life.'

My iphone buzzed as I sat in the basement sorting out dad's final pieces for the viewing of all his work. Picking up my phone from the surface I unlocked the screen skimming through a text message from liam. My cheeks began to burn in response as I read the text throughly,my heart beating fast.

'I had fun this morning. When can we finish what we started? ;)'. My  thoughts drifted back to our make out session in the kitchen. The way he lifted me and kissed my neck made me feel all warm inside,his lips crashing onto mine softly and the smirk he gave me as he put his arms around my waist. Everything seemed perfect for those whole 3 minutes but I couldn't help but wonder where we stood with each other. He wasn't my boyfriend and I wasn't his girlfriend. So what exactly were we? We'd gone on days out which could be considered as dates, he had met my dad but nothing was official. I didn't even know if we were 'seeing each other' Sighing I tapped back in response a weak reply.. 'Idk..soon.'

At the exact moment I placed my phone back on the worktop dad stumbled in with piles of canvases and sculptures in hand balancing the pile. I laughed in response to his lack of thinking grabbing the top half from him. 'You know you could have just gone back for the second half?' I said confidently stating the obvious. He appeared exhausted,panting. 'I know...You sound like your mother.' I winced at the thought of being anything like my mom. 'Ugh don't mention that hag.' I retorted back coldly. Dad peered back clearing his throat sitting next to me. 'Now be nice. She raised you right.' 

I shrugged my shoulders. Not once had I called or even dropped her a text. Thinking about it I had't really made contact with anybody. Dad spoke almost as if he was reading my mind. 'You haven't called her all this time you've been here?' I bit my lip,it was something I did when I was filled with guilt. 'No..' I murmured. 'But she hasnt either!' I protested. 'She doesn't always have to be the first to do it..' dad wisely stated back. I hated when he was right. 

I felt it was time to change the subject. 'Sooo.. can you believe I will be leaving in a few days?' I asked leaning my head on dad's shoulder. 'No I can't' he replied. 'It feels like years ago you were runnning your mouth after me,vommiting and crying in my house.' I shoved him playfully. 'Don't remind me!. We both laughed in unison. There was a brief pause following. My eyes began to water and I couldn't stop it. I hated crying squeezing my eyes shut to stop any tears from falling. I failed miserably as I felt the tears stream down my face.

'Hey...lana.. what's wrong buddy?' dad asked pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him wiping the tears violently from my eyes. My voice felt and sounded croaky. 'I just..don't want this to end...I feel like i'm a whole new person and that I can finally call you my dad. I haven't laughed..cried or even smiled so much until now. I don't know how i'm going to cope leaving you here. I can't dad..i can't.' 

Dad pulled out a tissue wiping my eyes delicately. His voice sounded soft and soothing. 'Listen..I will never be out of your life. Text me..call me..skype me whenever you need me.'  I was failing to understand why I had suddenly started talking about my feelings. Maybe it was just my hormones. Taking a deep breath I felt my frown break into a slight chuckle. 'Dad.. you know you can't text or skype.. A phone call would be just fine' I said smiling. Dad smiled back. 'I'll learn' he stated patting me on the shoulder. 

Footsteps were heard behind heading down to the basement. Turning around billy was heading towards us with a look of confusion on his face. 'Whats up billy?' I asked. He peered back. 'Uh hey.. I have a slight problem.' The tone in his voice wasn't promising. 'Spit it out.' I replied abruptly. His cheeks flushed.

'Well.. I was playing with some of dad's glue and kind of put it down then sat back on it..' Before me and dad could question him any further he turned around revealing the tub of glue stuck to his but. Glancing at dad from the corner of my eye, I was no longer able to keep in my laughter anymore. Dad was howling and I was close to tears. 'This could only happen in the delgado household.' I said proudly grabbing billy by the wrist and taking him up to the kitchen.