We know each other

The next morning couldn't have come by any faster. I stood in the bathroom mirror peering at my reflection. I looked pretty good today nodding my head jokingly in approval. My hair was in a high ponytail, my make up consisting of heavy outliner and mascara and a touch of lipgloss . The outfit was cute too. A floral dress reaching my knees accompanied with bangles and hoop earings.

Smiling in the reflection I realized how happy I was feeling and looking. After opening up to dad and himself apologizing personally I felt like we were one step closer to building a relationship.

Walking down the stairs I headed straight to the kitchen grabbing a banana. I headed outside,on my way there bumping into billy. 'Ugh. Get out of my way.' I yelled nudging him hoping it hurt. 'DAD.. LANA IS HARRISING ME.' I laughed in response to his level of stupidity. 'He can't hear you gay boy. Isn't he in the living room?' 'Um No. He's outside talking to some guy' I sighed in frustration because I was eager to talk to him after last night.

Chomping into my banana I barged through the front door onto the porch. 'Oh thanks Mr Delgado..that would be great' I heard as I stood still. 'Oh hey lana' dad said turning around to face me. I smiled back. Out of the corner of my eye I glanced at the mystery person my dad was talking to. It was the guy from the volleyball game. In a sense of panic I ran back inside dad pulling me back. 'Aren't you gonna say hi to our visitor?' I mumbled 'Um..No' with my head down low.

Dad stared at me in response appearing confused. 'OH it's ok. We know each other' he piped up winking at me sickingly. I raised my eyebrows. 'Um.. I don't know you so bye.' 'Pretty sure a girl who looked exactly like you said her name was lana' I stared back folding my arms. 'And I am pretty sure that you're a prick'

Dad patted my shoulder laughing. 'Ok lana. Calm down.' The guy looked at me again. 'Your dad is right.' I groaned. 'Just go away' entering back into the house. Walking away I heard him say 'I'm LIAM by the way' 'I don't care' I yelled back.

I sat on the sofa waiting for dad's return. 'You should be nice to him. He's a lovely guy' dad said as he stood over me. 'So are bears..but they will rip you to pieces.' Dad laughed. I didn't know why I was so amusing.

'How about we go for a ride?' he suggested his whole face lighting up. 'Sure. But where's billy?' 'He made a friend across the island' I sighed in relief. 'So just me and you?' 'Yes'p