What are you doing?!

Getting back into the car again I looked at dad as he put the keys into the engine. 'Umm. Dad?' 'Yes.' 'How long were you in prison and are you and mom cool now?!'. He paused before speaking smiling putting his hand on my shoulder. 'We are good as gold. It was a mutual decision between us to send you and billy here' 'And prison?' He sighed. '3 years. And then I moved down to here' 'I think that was a great choice' 'Me too lana'

Stopping at a McDonald's drive through on the way back we ordered cheese burgers,fries and chocolate milkshakes. Stuffing my face I glanced back at dad 'I haven't had this stuff in forever.' with melted cheese around my mouth. 'Aren't you a vegetarian?' I froze moving the burger away from my mouth. 'Um..maybe.. I.. told.. a white lie?' I said whilst laughing nervously. 'Were you scared of me of something?' 'No. I just wanted to get as far away from you as possible'

Arriving back billy was watching tv. 'Hey Buddy' dad said swinging him into the air. I took my flats off running upstairs. I took my phone out of the draw calling lexi. It went to voicemail. Great. My cigarettes were also in the draw. Taking them out I ran back downstairs.

'Going for fresh air!' I yelled blatantly telling a lie. Lighting up I leaned against the front door inhaling the smoke. As I blew out I heard a voice. 'Smoking isn't cool' I turned to the right to see that annoying guy again. Liam 'Neither is your face' I scowled. 'Feisty' he sniggered coming closer. I blew smoke in his face. 'Back off' 'No' He was extremely close to my face,our heads almost touching.

I shoved him to the side. 'Don't you have a home?' 'This is my second one. I love your dad' I had another drag of my cigarette. 'Does your dad know you smoke?' 'Why would he? I don't live here' Moving away from the door I opened it shutting it before he got in locking it with the chain. I waved jokingly.

'Lana who is at the door?' It was Dad. 'No One.' I said blocking his view. His eyes moved to my hand. 'Is that a cigarette?' 'Um No' He took it out of my hand opening the door and throwing it out. 'What are you doing?!' Liam stood smirking. I could slap that face. 'Come on in' dad said pulling liam into a hug.

I barged past irritated. 'I'm going out. Have fun'