Nothing else mattered.

I froze. Families gathered round me in a circle whispering and ordering me to go out and save him. The lifeguard shoved through the crowd yelling 'MOVE OUT OF. THE WAY' He ran past me however I stopped him pulling him back. 'No. I'll go' removing my flip flops and running into the water swimming into the distance. Gasps and the lifeguard screeching 'COME BACK' were heard as I swam violently splashing about. I didn't look back.

I put my head under the water swimming faster coming up for air coughing my guts out. I went back under once again searching for a trace of billy. I saw him unconscious underwater pulling him up by the arms holding his weight. I could feel mascara and eyeliner draining down the side of my face but I didn't care. I needed to save my baby brother. His body weight was on me,myself staring at his pale,lifeless face.

I lifted my hand up screaming to the shore 'I GOT HIM' Dragging him back I swam struggling to carry billy also. Reaching the shore I caught my breath my clothes dripping with sea water. I stumbled onto the sand and fell on my knees in exhaustion. A towel was wrapped around me from behind. Shivering I turned to billy on the sand.

Paramedics had arrived huddling around his body. I crawled over kneeling to him shaking his limp body bringing his head up to my chest shaking him. 'PLEASE WAKE UP BILLY. WAKE UP' Tears were streaming down my face. 'Miss..we need to attend to your brother.' a nurse with dark hair said gently.

I backed away the crowd huddling closer. I wiped the tears off my face as I peered to see his eyes open. The area fell silent. I rushed back to his side grasping his hand. His eyes were tired and confused. 'Lana?' he croaked while a man checked his heartrate.

I looked into his eyes crying once again. 'I'm here billy' I whispered pulling him into a hug. He sat up hugging me back. I wasn't more happy to see my brother alive. Nothing else mattered.