YOU ARE!

Clutching liam's hand I sat awkwardly in the hospital waiting room staring into space as I waited for the potential bad news to be delivered by one of the nurses who were treating dad. My head felt heavy as I had been engrossed in so many thoughts,my stomach was churning and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

Billy sat in a corner on the floor with his earphones plugged in. Every once in a while I would flash him a weak smile to indicate that everything was going to be alright. The truth was,I had no idea.

Liam broke the silence whispering into my ear. 'He's ok lana. I know for sure.' I nodded in agreement giving him a soft peck on the cheek. He then pulled a loose strand hair out of my face and smiled. I chuckled softly. He always had a way of making me feel better.

Our cute exchange was interrupted by a nurse in a blue uniform walking towards us. I straightened up nervously,billy uplugging his headphones and sitting next to me. 'Lana delgado?' she said sympatheticly. 'Yes?' I replied quietly holding my head down. 'Your dad is awake now. He would like to see you all.' I sighed with a sense of relief getting out of my seat.

'Follow me' the nurse said leading me down the corridor swiftly in silence,billy slowly following. The ward was private and my heart rate began to speed up as the state my dad was in was unknown. Opening the door dad lay down,appearing exhausted,pale and slightly confused.

His eyes were wide open and lit up as soon as he saw me. Unable to control my emotions I ran up to his bed hugging him tightly with tears rolling down my face. Stuttering I let go of him and held onto his hand. 'Dad..I..I...thought.'

He rubbed my hand glaring into my eyes. 'I'm fine' he croaked,his voice sounding unfamiliar to me. I frowned shaking my head in confusion. "What brought this on?' I asked hesitantly as my eyes followed the machines he was wired up to.

'Dehydration and heat stroke' the nurse replied holding a clipboard and a pen taking notes. 'I was out working on my paintings in the heat all morning. Then I moved into the basement and..ended up here' dad added. Something about his answer seemed false but I avoided further complications and stood quiet wiping my tears

Billy approached his other side of the bed punching him in the arm playfully. 'You and your stupid art work' he said jokingly rolling his eyes. Dad let out a small laugh. 'Buddy..it's what I enjoy.' I stared over to liam awkwardly standing outside the ward. 'Come in' I yelled. He walked in reaching for my hand. 'I'm glad your ok man' he said as he patted my dad on the shoulder.

'Thanks. You look after my daughter well.' Liam blushed slightly and I couldn't help but giggle. 'Be careful dad next time' He replied back with a slight smirk on his face. 'Well. I'm showcasing my work in two days so I gotta be careful.'

'YOU ARE!' I said screeching in excitement that he had kept his promise. 'Yes..I am' he replied leaning up to place a kiss on my forehead.