'DAD'

Liam played with my hair on my bed while I lay my head on his chest feeling his heartbeat,it's rhythm becoming more familiar to me. 'I am so sorry again for last night.' he softly whispered with a sense of guilt in his voice. I was confused to why he needed to apologize on behalf of his parents behavior. He had done nothing wrong.

He had crashed over last night as he refused to go home, dad kindly allowing him to sleep in my room with me to help calm him down. I fumbled with the edge of his hoodie which he had let me borrow from in his cars trunk. I had a pair of shorts on with the hoodie but it could barely be seen underneath. Don't worry about it. We're human and can't always control our emotions.' I said softly.

Leaning off his chest I sat up and frowned. 'I can't stand to see you sad.' He glared back shrugging his shoulders. I knew how to cheer him up. Pushing his legs out I sat on his lap putting my arms around his neck. Smiling at him he smiled back kissing me firmly on the top of my head. I brushed my nose against his cheek making him chuckle. 'You look the best when you smile' I said as I climbed back out of his lap.

Grabbing his hand I led him downstairs to the living room hearing the sound of lazer guns and explosions from billy's portable game. Billy glanced over smiling. 'Hi lana' he said cheerfully. 'Hi. I'm gonna cook dinner. Where's dad?' I asked as the house was way too quiet. 'Basement' he murmured back myself leading liam back out.

'You have a basement?' liam asked bewildered. 'Uh..Yes. Crazy' I replied back walking down the steps leading to it. Peering around I saw an empty basement with no signs of dad. 'Dad?' I yelled moving towards the piano fixing the pile of music sheets leaned up. Heading further down I was stopped in my tracks as liam pulled me back. 'WHAT?' I said angrily due to his tight grip. He stood still,myself following his gaze to the floor where dad lay unconscious.

Falling onto the floor I shook him violently,his body remaining still and lifeless. 'DAD. WAKE UP. PLEASE' I begged clutching onto his body,my body feeling numb and in shock as tears built up. 'Call a ambulance!' I screeched as I felt no pulse on him,liam frantically grabbing his phone and dialing emergency services.

Leaning over his body I wept into my dad's shirt as I heard rapid and quick footsteps enter the basement. It was billy running over. 'DAAAD' he yelled in a sense of panic. Sniffling I pulled him into a hug and held him close to me. 'Emergency Services in 5 minutes' liam said softly rubbing my back. I was in total shock