Tell me everything

A lump in my throat built up as we pulled up to the hospital. This trip was becoming a regular occurrence which surely couldn't have been a good sign.

'Your shaking life a leaf!' my mom bellowed with a look of concern plastered on her face as she rubbed my shoulders as I sat up undoing my seatbelt. I rapidly shoved her hands off my body, reaching for the car door.

'Just get me out..' I murmured. I watched as Liam pressed the controls to open the car door and as soon as he did so I bolted out running towards the entrance.

My pace was definitely a Lana record as Liam trailed behind me with my mom.

'Where is? What did I do? What did I do?' I whispered hands in my face and mascara trailing down my face. I felt a strong embrace behind me,as my neck shivered from the cold breeze.

'You didn't do anything. Sweetie he's not well..' My moms voice cracked as those words forced themselves out of her mouth. She never displayed any emotion therefore this had to be serious.

My head pulsated and I suddenly felt as if I was going to vomit all over the hospital car park.

'How long have you known?' I asked turning to face her pale shrivelled face.

She paused, hands in her face sighing. 'A while.. I didn't want any of this to ruin your trip and they said that he was recovering.'

It all clicked. My mom had partly sent me on this trip to be with my dad.. who was sick. I felt instant betrayal removing my hands from hers.

'How could you!' I bellowed picking up my pace to the entrance, rushing towards the reception.

'Lana.. I can explain!'

'I don't want an explanation! I just want my dad!' I screamed. Liam rushed towards me following my footsteps. I was still shaking uncontrollably.

I faced the receptionists as I walked in. 'Hi. I need to see my dad please.. ' I whimpered.

'Name?' she asked as she stared at my panda eyes and knotted hair. I pulled it out of its ponytail letting it hang loose.

'David Degaldo' liam answered as he rubbed my back for moral support. The lady began frantically typing into her computer system pushing her glasses up to her face.

'Follow me.' she responded as she stood up from her seat and made her way around to our side of the desk. I could hear moms footsteps behind me but refused to look back. I couldn't even look at her knowing she had kept this a secret from me.

Liam grabbed my hand as we followed the nurse through the hospital corridors.

'Everything is going to be ok' he whispered as his hand tightened around my mind. This time I wasn't sure. We had reached a set of double doors which led to the accident and emergency ward. I cleared my dry throat excessively which felt sore after screaming at my mom.. with good reason.

Another nurse approached the one that was with us, clipboard in hand shaking her head as she chatted to her colleague. I moved closer to them to see if I could make out any slight conversation or words. I squinted my eyes concentrating heavily, trying to block out other background noises.

Then I heard it.. the word that nobody can ever prepare themselves to hear. The word of nightmares. 'Cancer.'

My breath fell short and I fell to the floor wheezing uncontrollably. I was having a panic attack. Liam crouched down beside me in a state of panic calling for one of the nurses nearby. I felt two hands lift my weight up as tears streamed down my face.

'NOT CANCER..NO NO' I yelled. Liam looked back confused and dazed, pulling me into a hug. I backed off and composed myself pushing past the nurses and into dads hospital room.

There he was lying helplessly in the hospital bed, eyes heavy with dark circles. He bolted up out of his bed immediately as he saw me standing at the entrance of his room.

'Lana.. I'm sorry I didn't tell..'

Before he could finish I ran up to him embracing him in a giant hug. As I pulled back from the hug I crouched by his bed, lost for words grabbing his hand tightly.

'This was all me I made you sick!' I screeched staring into his watery eyes.

'No.. no don't say that! This isn't you.'

'I just don't understand when did this start?' I asked lowering my head to the floor in disbelief.

'3 years ago' I heard from a distance as his room door swung open. There stood mom with two coffees in her hand, with Liam behind.

I glanced back at dad who gave me a warning look. From his one look I could tell he wanted anything but a screaming match between myself and mom at this point in time so I refrained taking a deep breath. I gave him a weak smile as I wiped my eyes.

Mom moved towards us handing me a cup of coffee and a tissue.

I sighed.

'Tell me everything.'

'