Everything Isn't What It Seems...

Aaliyah's POV

I held Trey's hand as Doctor Logo looked at him. This boy can have me switching out of Aaliyah and Poison like no other. I was so close to pulling that trigger on Ace but it all changed when Tey said Trey was bleeding. That was two weeks ago. They had shot my baby and I had a whole mixture of emotions right now.

Doc: this young man was touched by an angel.

I looked at him with teary eyes as he continue to speak.

Doc: I see a bullet hole in that scarf you gave him but apparently the bullet went through the scarf missing his neck by a few inches.

He handed me the scarf and I looked at it. He was right. I looked back at Trey and I start bawling.

Aaliyah: Trey, I'm so sorry baby. I should have never let you do that.

I leaned in and kissed his forehead as Doctor Logo finished working on him.

Doc: Liyah, this isn't your fault. Just calm down before you make yourself sick.

I took three deep breaths and calm down.

Aaliyah: you think he'll forgive me.

Doc: there is nothing to forgive. You didn't put a gun to him. Make sure he doesn't do any heavy lifting or overdo anything. He needs rest. I left you the painkillers right there and change that bandage every morning he wakes up and every night he goes to sleep.

Aaliyah: yes sir.

He smiled a before walking out the room. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door.

Aaliyah: come in.

In walked in my mother. She rushed to my side and hugged me.

Mom: Onika called me after I landed from my flight to Peru. She said Tremaine had been shot.

I nodded as I let a few more tears fall.

Mom: did the doctor tend to him?

Aaliyah: yes mom.

She turned and looked at him.

Mom: he's a strong young man Liyah. He'll be fine.

Liyah: mama, I was so scared. He hasn't woke up since we've been back.

Mom: let him rest chile. Take it from me. He'll wake up. I had to deal with the same thing with your father.

Trey stirred and cleared his throat.

Mom: see my point. Stay by his side and let him rest. Be his crutch and when he's strong again be the woman he needs.

I watched my mom go over and kiss Trey's forehead before turning to leave. Right when she got to the door she turned and looked at me with assuring eyes.

Mom: everything will be fine Aaliyah. I love you.

Liyah: I love you too mama.

She smiled once more before leaving me again with Trey. I grabbed his hand and held it to my heart.

Liyah: see you here like this Tremaine is breaking me. I'm so sorry about everything. *tears start to fall* I should have never let you race him. If anything I should have been in that car. *smiles* it's crazy you know. I always thought I wouldn't be back in the hospital until I was having your babies. *laughs* you may say no now but I know you wouldn't mind having kids a few years down the line. *Silence* What I'm trying to say is when you get out of here I'm going to let my brother run the business for awhile so I can focus on being your crutch. I'm going to go to the cafeteria and get some food. Hopefully if you're up I'll sneak you a few chicken strips and fries. *laughs*