Because of Her...

Trey's POV

I looked at the picture of  her and me that I had in my wallet and just continue to think of how she is really the reason I have trust issues. You see there was actually someone before Lauren and Aaliyah. Her name was Helen. She was the first woman I fell in love with. Liyah is my first love but Helen was different. She held my heart like no one could. Liyah is very close to holding it but every time I get ready to let her have all of me, I think about how Helen and I ended.....

Flashback Five Years Ago.....

Trey: Yo Drake are you sure about this man. I'm not up for all this party bruh. I need my rest for our show tomorrow.

Drake: man quit complaining like a female. We just going to hit up this party for a little bit than your ass can get back texting Helen ass.

Trey *laughs*: don't be mad at me because the woman you chasing ain't giving you the time of day lol.

Drake: lol, mane ain't nobody stunting that girl no way.

Trey: there she go right there.

Drake *whips his head around*: where?

Trey *falls out laughing*: whipped ass.

Drake: mane you the only one that whipped. Helen has your balls on her mantle. Y'all not even married and you act like you can't have a little fun.

Trey: man bring your nagging ass so I can get back and chill.

Drake: lol, aite whipped ass. *makes a whip sound*

We walk into the club as it was packed like hell. Drake saw some girl I think her name Dollicia. He went off with her while I sat the bar and order me a drink.

Trey: aye bartender. Give me a mixed drink. Just make sure it has grey goose in it.

F/V: a man that has taste in his vodka I see.

I turned to see some girl looking at me.

Trey: yeah you can say that.

Bartender: here is your drink sir.

Trey: thank you.

F/V: I've never seen you around here. Are you new to L.A.?

Trey: not really. I've moved here a couple a years ago. *sips drink*

F/V: oh okay. By the way, my name Eva.

She held out her hand and I shook it.

Trey: Trey.

Eva: Well Trey, are you here by yourself?

Trey: no I'm here with my friend Drake. You?

Eva: unfortunately, I am. Maybe you can be my company. *rubs my arm sensually*

Trey: I mean I can talk to you but when my friend is ready I have to leave so yeah. *sips drink*

Eva: okay then. *smiles* so do you have a girlfriend?

Trey: *smiles* yes I do. We have been going strong for a year now.

Eva: *fake smiles* that's so cute. So she didn't come with you tonight? If you were my guy I would have you by me at all times. Especially since you're so handsome.

Trey *smiles*: ummmm thanks, but no we each like our space so it's good.

Drake: aye Trey....

I turned to look at Drake walking towards me with Dollicia right beside.

Drake: me and Dollicia about to head out...you coming?

Trey: come on man we just got here. *sips drink*

Eva: I can keep you company. Don't worry I promise not to have him back to late.

Drake: *smiles* you good with that man?

Trey: yeah man I'm good. Go have you "fun." *sips drink and bobs head to the music*

Drake: aite man *daps me up* See you back at the room. If you see a sock on the door you know what time it is.

Trey: *nods head* yea I got you bruh. *finishes drink and order another one*

Drake leaves with Dollicia and I wait for the bartender to bring me my drink while Eva scoots closer to me.

Trey: * gets second drink and sips it* so...what you want to talk about?

The next day....

Helen shows up to Trey's door to get him ready for the show. She opens the door only to find a half-naked Eva walking out of Trey's bedroom.

Helen: ummmm bitch who are you?

Eva: I'm just-

Trey stumbles out the room wrapped up in a sheet holding his head.

Trey: what the fuck happened-Helen...baby I can explain. It's not what it seems. I-

Helen walks up to Trey and slaps him.

Helen: FUCK YOU TREY!!! I FUCKING HATE YOU!!! I WAS NOTHING BUT FAITHFUL TO YOU AND GO AND FUCK SOME HOE.

Eva: Hold on who you calling a hoe sweetie? It's not my fault your man wanted me.

Trey: Eva leave right now. Helen baby just listen. I don't remember anything-

Helen: AND THAT MAKES IT BETTER TREY?!?! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU BOTH CAN HAVE EACH OTHER. I'M DONE WITH YOU TREY. IT'S OVER. AND YOU CAN KEEP THAT STUPID ASS PROMISE RING YOU GAVE ME *throws ring at him before storming out slamming the door*

Eva: well now that she's gone...let's talk about us.

Trey: US!?!? Are you fucking crazy? I just lost the love of my life because of you. The last thing I remember was drinking and talking to you. How did I even get back to the room?

Eva: it was the alcohol Trey.

Thinks for a minute...walks to the back and goes through her purse to find pills in a bottle. He took them out and looked at them. Eva walks in freeze.

Eva: what are you?

Trey: BITCH YOU DRUGGED ME!!! I LOST THE WOMAN OF MY LIFE BECAUSE YOU DRUGGED ME!!! IF YOU WEREN'T A WOMAN I SWEAR I WOULD.....

Walks closer to her as she backs up towards the wall.

Eva: Trey I-

Trey: GET OUT!!! NOW!!!

She jumps at the sound of me raising my voice. She grabs her clothes before running out the room as he slides down to the floor with tears running down his cheek looking at the ring he gave Helen on their anniversary.

End of Flashback

At that point I had tears in my eyes. Even though I went to Helen and explained everything to her it still didn't help. Her trust for me was broken. Yeah we got back together but it go to the point where she questioned everything I told her. In the end we broke up two months after getting back together. On Christmas Day she posted a picture of her engagement ring. Yeah I said engagement ring. We had only been broken up for three months before ole dude promise to her. Which means she cheated on me. Great just fucking great. I heard the door close so I put the picture back in my wallet before turning around to see Shadow come lay beside me. He had really warmed up to me.

Liyah: what wrong baby?

Trey *not once looking at her*: what you mean bae?

Liyah: shadow only lays directly by people when something is bothering them. So what's wrong? *comes and sits next to me and looks me in the eyes* Have you been crying baby?

Trey: naw I just got something in my eyes.

*gets up and makes my way upstairs as I hear her sigh*

Liyah: we can't make this work if we're not completely honest with each other Trey.

Trey: I know Liyah.....I'm working on it. I really am....[