You're Not the Only One

Trey's POV

I looked at my mom as she stared at me and Aaliyah down with her arms crossed.

Ms. A: so when were you two going to tell me you were dating?

Trey: ma...

Liyah: soon.

I looked at Liyah who looked at me with a smile.

Ms. A: mhmm. Another thing Tremaine, I went to go pay my bills today and they tell me no need to pay them because they had already been paid for the next six months. Would you care to explain?

Trey: mama, I had nothing to do with that.

Liyah looked away and started fiddling with her fingers as mama turned towards her.

Ms. A: Aaliyah?

Liyah: maybe I made a call or two to clear that up but it was out of good faith.

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

Ms. A: Aaliyah I appreciate it but we're doing fine.

Liyah: I know but I just-

Trey: wanted to keep your stress level down.

Liyah turned towards me.

Liyah: you know?

Trey: yeah... I snuck up onher taking the pills yesterday.

Ms. A: hey...I'm fine really you two.

Trey: mama you have high blood pressure. I know you eat right and exercise often so that leaves the last thing...STRESS!!! If you keep it up you're going to end up in the hospital ....or worse. And I'm not going to let that happen because we haven't given you grand kids yet.

She smirked while Aaliyah blushed. Damn did I just said WE give her grandkids...Aaliyah has put something on me.

Trey: *clears throat* like I was saying. You need to keep your stress level down ma. Maybe you need a vacation.

I saw out the corner of my eye a smile formed on Liyah's face. Uh oh, she has got an idea.

Liyah: I know the perfect time and place if you would like to get away.

She raised an eyebrow at Liyah.

Ms. A: you mean what we talked about last night?

Liyah nodded as they both giggled as I sat there confused as hell.

Liyah: so it's settled then. I'll get everything prepared.

Ms. A: I'll tell Mel and the kids.

Trey: whoa??? What are you two talking about?

Liyah: you're so nosey Tremaine.

Ms. A: exactly. You'll know what we're talking about in due time.

Liyah grabbed her phone and walked out the room to make a call while I sat there looking at my mom who was now putting a plate of in front of me.