I'll Handle This

Trey's POV

I looked at Liyah's Camaro and shook my head. We were making progress and I don't know if this will set us back or not.

I needed to handle this situation before it really gets out of hand. I looked at the note closely before smiling to myself. I pulled out my cell phone and made a call to a friend who owed me a favor. After our conversation, I told him I'll take pictures of the car and bring the note by later. I hung the phone up and walked inside of the house. I heard music and assumed Liyah was listening to music to calm herself down. I followed the music downstairs to the gym to see her hitting the punching bag. I'm glad she's trying to suppress her anger in a non-violent way. It shows me she really wants to fix her issues. Since, she was doing this I decided to go upstairs and make dinner.

I turned around and walked upstairs to the kitchen. When I opened the refrigerator, I pulled out what I needed to make dinner and started to prep the food. As I was prepping the food, I thought about everything that was said in our session today. I can't believe that all of Liyah's issues are because of the fact she felt she didn't have control over anything in her life. Most of it is because of my no-good sperm donor. Had he left her dad alone than she wouldn't be so cold and broken the way she is now. Then again hadn't he done what he did than we probably would've never found each other. Hell Liyah is the main reason I want to sing again. She pushes me to do something that she knows I love even though it didn't work out the first time.

My phone rung, I looked at the screen to see Maliah calling, I rolled my eyes and hit ignore. I don't need any unnecessary drama from her right now. She has been calling since the race and to be honest I don't want anything to do with her. If she rolling with Ace than I'm good. I put everything on and started writing in my journal.

My dearest Liyah,

I have never in my life thought I would be saying this to you. These have been some very "eventful," passionate, and lesson learning six months of my life. I have learned so much about you in such a short period of time. You are the woman I want and need in my life. Each day with you is a blessing itself. To say I am a lucky man is an understatement. I have the most beautiful, loving, caring, humble, faithful and intelligent in the world. I'm falling so hard for you Liyah that is scaring me a little. I just wish you could see I am really trying to be the man you want and need. If anyone ask where I see myself in ten years from now then I would answer married to you with two or three kids running around here and maybe shadow mean ass lol.

Right when I was about to continue I felt somebody behind me. I turned to see Liyah with her hair in a messy bun and sweat covering her body as she breathe heavily.

Liyah: I ran upstairs to see what you were doing. *sniffs the air* Mmmm what's cooking baby?

Yep, Liyah is in full affect.

Liyah walked over to the stove but I pulled her back by her waist.

Liyah: *whines* Treeeey, I want to see.

Trey: lol, no you can't see right now. Go shower, change your clothes, and when you come back it'll all be done. Okay baby?

She sighed and then nodded. I turned her around and kissed her lips three times before she walked out the kitchen and upstairs to shower and change clothes. I finished my journal entry and finished cooking. By the time she came back down I had set the table and poured us some wine.

Liyah: oh Tremaine this looks so good.

Trey: I did it for you baby. Just the two of us.

I pecked her lips as we sat down, ate, talk, laugh, and just enjoyed each other company. Something we really haven't been able to do these last couple of days. After dinner, I put in a movie, we curled up together on the couch, watched the movie as I rubbed my fingers through her hair, and not before long she was sleep. I got up and drove over to my friend's house to drop off what he needed. I drove back to see Liyah still fast asleep. I gently picked her up and carried her upstairs to bed. I showered, got dressed for bed, climbed in bed with her and started to doze off when I felt her lay her head on my chest and wrap her arms around me. I kissed her lips before finally falling asleep right next to the love of my life.