~25.0~

"Don't play with karma. She doesn't have friends, so being nice isn't her forte. "

Chance's P.O.V

I should of visit my mom first. 

I should have gone by our beautiful big house with a white porch and fence.

I should have embraced her and said hello to my golden retriever Mandell. 

And receive my welcome back from the old straggly neighbors that I thought were creeps across the road. 

Those were the good things I should have done. 

Those were the things my mom would have wanted me to do. What Good Chance would have done. But, nope. 

Here I was in the club, staring down at a girl painted in glow-in-the-dark paint with shot cups lined up on her body. 

The music was drumming in my ears and the shouts and cry of the people were drowning any other vacancy of silence out. 

Trent was standing on the bar dancing whiles Charlie was going neck to neck in a shot contest with a leggy dirty blonde. 

We only were here for an hour and we were somewhat close to totally f**king wasted. 

Who would I vote to be the one in the lead?

I would say, Charlie. 

But, the way Trent kept leaning and making the crowd beneath him tense with worry. I would say he was about head-first into the lead as well. 

Literally.

I, on the other hand, unfortunately, had a stubborn sober bone in me. I was still fully aware of the things around me and it was bugging me that I couldn't get lost in the world the others got in. 

Bloody hell!

Diving into the girl's navel, I slurped up the fruity alcohol and then grip one of the shot cups with my lips and throw my head back. 

It was my 4th and I still was conscious. 

The black-haired beauty was grinning up at me. Clearly enjoying my tongue swirling on her body too much. I winked at her and helped her up. 

"No more?" she asked and I shook my head. 

"Chance!"

I looked up at Trent and he was beckoning me to join him. 

Oh, what the hell. 

Turning the leather stool and making it stable I jumped up on it and joined him on the bar. 

"Guess who just walked in?" he grinned and pointed to the door. Well-- it was in the same area as the door. My eye squinted and then I was full-on glaring. 

Sam walked through the door with that stupid smirk on his lips and a girl on his arm. 

My girl on his arm. 

"Woah, easy there" Trent hollered when he saw me jumping off the bar and making a beeline to them. The alcohol tried to make an appearance, but it was too late now. I didn't need it. 

"Hey Chance" he cheered, extending his hand to greet me. My eyes glance at him, but they stayed on Taylor. She kept her hair hiding her face, but I can see the reddening of her cheeks. I knew she saw me. 

"Sam, how is it going?" I went to shake his hand, but he fist-bumped me. 

"Came to help with this party you're throwing here. The paps are going crazy about it" he grinned looking around as he shook his head in approval. "I can see why they are fighting like cats and dogs to get in here"