~45.0~

Chance's POV

"After the Private Investigator finds what he needs, we'll have the baby tested. We can give her something now to make her stay hushed about the situation, but not too much because she can be lying" Anthony spoke. 

Amanda nodded her head, jotting down the words he said hoping to relay them over to my finance team. 

"I had no idea that she would actually bring the kid out into public. See that you shut down as many sites that have the kid and Chance connected" he continued and I zoned out. 

As I sat in Anthony's glass-filled office looking at the glass doors. I felt like I was slowly being squeezed into a box. 

The feeling of being trapped overwhelmed me and my head felt like at any given moment it would explode. 

I couldn't believe that Red hair actually brought the child to my concert. Walked all the way to my room and showed him to me. 

I couldn't believe that this was actually happening to me right now. 

I have been through a lot of media drama. Sex scandals, sex tapes, public fighting, and even accuse pregnancies. 

The only difference was when Anthony and my team went after those ladies they back down and disappeared. 

Red hair, on the other hand, was only becoming more ferocious and bold. She was doing all she can to make this wall crush me and she was succeeding. 

The boy doesn't look like me. He resembles Red hair way too much to have the features of anyone else. 

His eyes were hers. 

His mouth. 

His nose. 

I can only say that his skin color resembled mines, but that wasn't a solid fact that can say that he was mine. 

He couldn't be. 

I was protected. 

I know, I was. 

And, Taylor. 

I know she couldn't take this. Not even when she masked herself to make believe she can. 

Taylor was strong, but there were still some things that poked at her weakness. 

This had to be it. 

I mean, I would be butt hurt if Taylor was having a baby with someone else. 

I would be devastated because I want hers to be mine and mine to be hers. 

But now, she has to sit here and watch me play 'possible' daddy to a kid that she can't even call hers. 

And, she'll be second. 

I wouldn't put her there, but she will slowly move herself there because she wouldn't stand between me and the child-- if he is mine.

She'll give up her position. 

The one that she went through tooth and nail for. The one that she deserves more than anyone ever. 

The one that she almost died for. 

She'll give up and place the kid first. 

She'll probably even place Red Hair before herself too because she's the mother of the child and her well-being is important. 

Shit.

I really can't think of this being true.

I didn't want to accept that it can be true.