~43.0~

Chance POV

"Now that the news is out there, when are you going to come to see your kid"

That was the text I read when I pulled my phone from under the sofa. 

I don't know how she got this new number, but I was going to end this little game she was playing. 

I didn't have the time for this. 

I came home late at night only to find that I was kicked out of my room. The pillow and blanket thrown by the floor of the couch were an indication that I wasn't allowed in there. 

I didn't want to go in there anyway.

I felt like too many things were going on right now and Taylor and I weren't listening to one another. 

We were just bumping heads with one another and I didn't like it. 

Incoming Text Message from Anthony

It's being done 

I let out a breath and sink into the chair just as the door to the room opened up. 

Taylor came out of it looking tired as hell with red eyes. I turned and watch her walk into the kitchen and then towards me. 

She sat beside me, not one of us saying anything. 

 After a while of us both staring before us, she uttered the first words. 

"I love you" she whispered. I glanced at her. I wasn't expecting it, but somehow, it made something inside of me feel safe. It was like the little peak of sun you get in the ending part of the storm. Something to hold on to.

"I love you too, Taylor," I told her in a heartbeat because that was one of the truest things I know for a fact.

"That picture of me and Sam, It was nothing --" 

"I believe you" I cut her off. I did. If I knew my girl she was headstrong and love having the last say. 

She wanted to be the one to tell Sam off. I get that. 

"I still should have listened to you" she mumbled and I nodded. 

"But, I know you" I smiled. " Plus, I think you dislike Sam just as much as me" she snorted and nodded. 

"I just wanted him to confess, you know" she sighed. "But, I have agreed that everything that happens from now on I will listen to you when it comes to the media," she said and I stole a glance at her as she smiled. 

"Thanks" 

Silence seeped between us again and I felt the intensity that it brought. She sat rod straight and kept her eyes on the television before us. 

"Is it true?" she whispered. I peeled my eyes off her and turned towards the tv, sinking into the chair and reaching so that my elbows rested on my thighs.

"At first, I didn't know who she was. I didn't, but last night when I went out it was like something jostle my memory and I remembered her. It's a bit hazy, but I do" 

Taylor didn't do anything, but breathe in and then out slowly. 

"It was long before I met you. I wasn't good and I didn't do things with much thought. I slept with anybody that let me, but I was always protected" I told her. 

"How do you know it's her and that you were protected?"

"She's the only girl that I slept with that has red hair. I was stupid to have a roaster. Plus, even in my drunkest hours I always wore protection. It was like my drunk mind knew better" I said, rubbing my hands on my pants.