~35.0~

Chance's P

Chance's P.O.V

Ruby's going to be dismissed today and the joy that glowed on my best friend's face was priceless. 

Charlie and I, along with a now up-to-date Trent, who by the way was not taking the news well at all, were now heading to the hospital. 

We--meaning Charlie and me, were now regulars at the hospital. We had been here for almost a week and I didn't mind it at all. Ruby is definitely a joy to be around. 

She is definitely smart like her dad. 

The girl's vocabulary was immaculate for 5 years old and her questions were very rare for her age bracket. You can see that for some of the questions that she asked her mother that it took a while for Kimberly to come up with an answer. Especially the ones on why her father had walked away. 

Charlie had to answer that of course. Although it was a vast amount of embarrassing stutters and awkward throat clearing, he had somehow got the message at least decent enough for Ruby to understand. In the end, he had to make it up to her, so he is currently beside me with a large stuffed unicorn and 4 more to go. 

Trent on the other hand is on side me on his phone currently ignoring us. As I said he didn't take the news well. He didn't like the fact that everything was being kept away from him. He thought that we were now all good and that he now knew about my last 'job', but to find out that one of his best friends had a whole kid he didn't know about left us in the ignore pile. 

Yup!

He wasn't talking to us, but he still wasn't going to miss getting to know the little girl that one of his best friends had kept away from us for 5 years.

"Daddy!" the little voice knocked me out of my internal debate and a smile spread across the three grown males that just walked into the room. 

Ruby came dashing towards Charlie hugging his leg before he pulled her up into his arms. 

"You got it!" she beamed and hugged the unicorn in his next hand. The thing was the same size or bigger than her. Why she wanted another 4 was still in my line of questions. 

Taylor walked over to me with a small smile of her own and I reached down to kiss her tentatively on the lips. 

"I thought you would be going to that important meeting today?" she whispered. I had a meeting with my managers about a tour that was being pitched for Sam. To say I care less about the whole ordeal would be an understatement. 

Due to the fact that I hadn't completed my last leg of the tour, they wanted me to start Sam's tour in the places that I suppose to finish mines and then have him feature me in his last. I wasn't interested in none. 

"I'll go later" I brushed off and she rolled her eyes, ready to fight me on this. 

"Ky-"

"Plus, I have something for us to do today" I put out. Her eyes widen as her lips form a perfect 'o'.