~34.0~

Chance's P.O.V 

Everything happen quickly. 

It was a blur of actions and shouts, really. 

Taylor was screaming at Charlie for how inconsiderate he was and how much of a deadbeat daddy he is. Asking him if he think that because he showed his face that things will automatically be unicorn shit and slutty rainbows. 

Charlie remained stunned with a black ring around his eye forming as Kim-- I assume, stood in front of him telling Taylor to calm down. 

She was livid. 

I noticed that we were attracting a crowd and saw Taylor was about to launch for Charlie again, telling him to square up. 

Rolling my eyes, I snatched her by the waist and hoist her over my shoulder. I received multiple injuries as I carried her to the nearest exit and received a two-for-one special punch when I rest her by the wall and caged her in. 

"Calm down, Tay!" I command and she huffed, beating me in my chest.

"Don't tell me shit! Do you have any idea what he did to Kim?" she screamed. "He left her and when that wasn't enough, he threatened to take the apartment away from us!" 

"That's not true! He wanted to pay for it again! He was trying to get into her good graces" I argued. 

"Bullshit! He could have done that by just giving her the damn money! It's because you guys like to control! He wanted control!" 

"No, he wanted his family back!" 

"He wouldn't have needed them back if he had just stayed" she screamed. I didn't say anything. Turning to the side to see two elder ladies watching us weirdly. They didn't even make it subtle when I looked them in the eyes. Just leaned in further. 

Sighing, I looked down at Taylor and noticed her trying to regulate her breathing. 

"Are you calm?" I asked carefully. 

"Get off me" she spat. 

"Not until you're calm," I told her.

"What are you trying to protect me again" she looked at me. "Remember how that turned out" she sneered and I jerked away from her as if she threw fire at me. 

"What the truth hurts,  doesn't it?" she seethed. 

"Shut up!" I growled and she continued to speak. The tension in my head built to an unbearable point and I just couldn't take her words anymore. I slammed my hands beside her head, finally getting her to shut up with a jump. 

"I was protecting you!" my voice boomed, cracking by the volume I took. Taylor's eyes widen and she glanced around to avoid mines. Breathing hard I continued "I did it to protect you, Taylor. Forgive me if I didn't tell you about my past. I didn't want to lose you again. I love you" I confessed and I watch her eyes widen and I stepped away.