Improved Version of Alexander

Chapter 3: Improved Version of Alexander

"And what exactly do you mean with 'spend more time with?'" I asked Julian as we all went back to our previous placements. Alexander standing next to Julian who was sitting on the big chair behind the desk and me now sitting across from him.

"What I mean is, that Alec here, is going to be your study buddy, he decides what you wear from now on and he'll be following your every step, he'll be like a mentor, just younger."

"What? No! You can't do that?" I said getting up, pushing the chair out from beneath me in anger.

"As a matter of fact, I can." He said with a smirk, I saw Alec smirk as well.

"W-well what about him?" I stuttered worriedly, pointing towards this Alec dude, with a flat hand. "Doesn't he have like a life, or something? Or at least school, what does he get out of it?" I asked desperately. I'm not in need of a babysitter, I'm 18 for heavens sake.

"He doesn't need to change his school schedule, he'll just be spending more time with you in lunch breaks, and after school you'll be studying until 6pm. and whatever deal Alec and I have, is none of your business. Don't worry though, this is temporary. Just until I feel like you've improved."

"Th-this is absurd! You can't be serious Julian!" I hadn't sat down yet, I was too upset. He couldn't be serious, I was completely blown away at his ignorance. Who is he to make up my life for me? It's completely unfair and totally unprofessional to say the least.

"Oh come on, he isn't that bad" he smirked making me blush. My eyes widened.

"What? No, I don't mean it like that-" I tried saying calmly but failed miserably. I looked at Alec, "It's not you, look I'm sure you're nice and all" I looked back at Julian seeing him holding back a laugh. "It's just I need my privacy, is this even legal, can you do this?"

Julian snorted, "since when have I ever done something that wasn't illegal?" He said making me sigh and roll my eyes. "You might as well get used to it cause I've already spoken with the principle and he gave me a go, and if you don't go along with it, your grades will fall and you will be expelled, and it's not a threat, it's a fact, and you know it too."

I sighed again and closed my eyes giving up and sitting down. "Fine. When do we begin?" I asked tiredly after a little while. Might as well get the best out of it, cause if I knew Julian right, then he was going to get it his way, he always did. It's a waste of time arguing with him, he always win anyways.

"Now"

***

Classes were over and I barely managed to make it through lunch. Alec's stare pierced through the back of my neck, and I couldn't take it. It made me cautious about my every move, one mistake and it's back to Julian's office. I hadn't talked to Alec yet, not even as much as eye contact for more than 2 seconds. He didn't sit with me as Julian had said he would, maybe he took things slowly, or maybe he felt intimidated when Jax came to sit with me, giving him a weird stare. I wonder if Alec was the one, that night I walked Skinny home and at the dumpster, the guy with the bandana. It probably was.

I had just gone out of the school building to meet up with Jax. Elijah had an extra class today so he couldn't drive us home, but that didn't stop Jax and I from going home together. I should really get a car It's freezing out this time a year, and it gets dark and scary really soon. I already have my license, I just can't afford a car right now, and my parents use theirs to work so I can't use those. I nodded towards Jax when I saw him and as we were about to leave I noticed Jax glaring annoyingly on someone behind himself. I tried looking behind him and noticed it was Alec, he had just gotten out of the main entrance and began walking towards us. He and Jax had an intense glare contest. Jax groaned quietly and turned around to walk.