Improved Version of the Other Alexander

Chapter 2: Improved Version of the Other Alexander

I was waiting downstairs for my brother to come so we could get to school, luckily he wasn't one to take long. Mainly because he inherited both beauty and brains from our parents, unlike me who barely inherited beauty. Maybe that's the drugs fault, my face had become very rough and worn out looking, it plastered a frown at all times, as if it was stuck on my face. I haven't cut my hair for God knows how long, it almost reaches my shoulders, the dreads are starting to untangle by themselves. Others disagree though, many of my friends, mostly Elijah, tell me I could get any chick I wanted, I don't believe it. If it was true I would've at least had one girlfriend by now, but I've never had anything serious with any girl. Then again, I can be very picky with whom I date. If I were to go on a date with every girl I slept with, I wouldn't even have time to wipe my butt. But the main reason I don't date chicks is simply because I'm not into them, I still had to maintain an image though, so I went on dates but never anything too serious.

Without noticing, my little brother was on his way outside with an apple in one hand and his school-bag in the other.
"Yo, Jax? Where you going?" I asked as I grabbed my bag as well. He looked back at me confused.

"What do you mean? Eli just texted, he is outside waiting?"

"Son of a jerk" I muttered under my breath. He's been avoiding me that bastard, something is up with him. He sounded fine yesterday when he texted me and told me he was at the dumpster. I walked outside and saw Jaxon in the front seat. I got into the car behind the drivers seat and slapped Elijah across the head.

"What's up with you" I scolded.

"Dude!" He whined and rubbed the spot I had slapped. I didn't even hit that hard. "We'll talk later" he added with a frown glancing at my brother, signaling it wasn't the right time nor place. I kept quiet until we reached the school. Jaxon fist bumped us and went directly to his next class. I moved to the passengers seat without getting out of the car.

"So?" I waited patiently for a reaction. He sighed while running his hands through his dirty blonde hair. He looked at me with his huge blue sparkly eyes, swearing before explaining.

"Shit dude, I'm so sorry! I completely forgot to text you yesterday." He was referring to when I showed up at the dumpster to get notes but he bailed.

"That doesn't matter, and you know it. Don't play dumb and tell me what's going on" I said softly. He scoffed, and reluctantly began talking.

"You know the deal. It's my mom. She's being a pain in the ass again." Knowing Elijah, I had a feeling he wasn't gonna say much unless it was pushed out of him.

"What's it this time?" He asked. He sighed again.

"My brother wants to leave the house and move in with his buddies, but my mom is kinda preventing-"

"Wait, wait, you have a brother?" I asked, my face changing expression for the first time today into a genuine surprised look.

"Dude? Do you ever listen? Yes I have a brother. Gosh you're just the best friend ever huh?" He said sarcastically.

"I promise you have never mentioned him!" I threw my hands up going into defense mode. The deal with Elijah is, he never willingly talk. He needs to be asked about everything before he speaks. And how was I supposed to ask the right questions without knowing anything. And again, I haven't even known Elijah for that long, merely a couple of months, since senior year started to be exact. But our friendship has grown quickly because we spend so much time together after school, and back then, at the dumpster as well.