The Dumpster Crew

Chapter 21: The Dumpster Crew

It was a short drive, only around 2-3 minutes.

We all got out and walked towards the area where all the thugs hung out. I saw Tiny in his usual seat, nothing had changed here, only I couldn't see Skinny. As we got closer Tiny and some of the other guys noticed us and yelled my name.

"YO! Alex, it's been forever dude! Good to see you" Tiny got up as we had reached him and hugged me.

"Hey Tiny, did you get bigger" I joked. He simply laughed and gave Elijah a quick handshake.

"Who's that?" he asked and nodded towards Alec who was standing behind me. Alec stepped forward and reached out a hand for Tiny to shake.

"I'm Alec, Elijah's brother" He greeted with a smile. Tiny's eyes widened and he grabbed Alec's hand with a big smile.

"Elijah has a brother?! Dude, that's great, looks like we have a new member of The Dumpster Crew" He laughed loudly.

"Oh, uh..." Alec chuckled awkwardly, again I had to cut it to turn the attention away from him.

"So, should we sit, catch up?" I asked casually. Alec smiled nervously and looked gratefully at me with a smile.

"Yes, yes, definitely, come on sit, guys, Skinny will be here at any moment" Tiny said happily. Tiny sat down again on his chair. We walked into the circle of seats, I saw my old red one seater. I had missed it a little, the feeling of power when you sat on it. Knowing people had respect towards whoever sat in that exact chair. It was hard to know that I had been replaced by Elijah, I know he is not near as good a leader as I was, but it was not like there was a lot to lead anyway, we were just messing around. People came to me when there were problems, we fixed them and avoided trouble, the only trouble were with other people at parties, we were a family here.

"Yo Alex, sit" Elijah smiled nodding towards my-his chair that he probably noticed I was staring at. I looked at him with a sceptic smile.

"No, dude, it's yours go ahead." I smiled. I sat down at the one seater across from him and next to Tiny, and Alec sat on Skinny's chair between me and Elijah. Some of the others guys came to join us, and brought us beer, I of course thanked no and so did Alec, there weren't as many as last I was here.

"Yo, where is everyone?" I asked Tiny who was taking a sip of his drink.

"Well, most of us are still here just not all the time, people have started coming less, and someone stopped coming after you left. I guess you motivated them to get their shit together. Skinny is one of them, but he still come around at night. I texted him earlier and told him to come early today." Tiny explained.

"So, Alex, what are you up to?" Some guy named Felix asked from behind Tiny's seat, he was leaning against the chair, similar to what some of the others did, a few others were sitting on stools.

***

After a couple of hours, most of the guys had left and it was just Elijah, Alec, Tiny and me. As we were talking I saw a skinny figure appear behind the dumpsters.

"Skinny!" I got up and jogged towards him and greeted him with a low handshake followed by a one-sided hug.

"Alex! Yo, what's up dude!" He said cheerfully while walking with me back to the circle.

"Not much dude." I smiled as we reached the others. Skinny's attention was now focused on Alec.

"You're in my seat" Skinny said as he saw Alec was sitting in his seat. Alec got up from his seat and got a sceptic look from Skinny.