The Brother

Chapter 4: The Brother

"Yeah, I'm fine" I said snatching out of my intense stare at him, or rather, his eyes.

"You know, we can call it a day if you want? Julian said 6pm anyway so we don't have to continue" he said calmly as if he was trying to cheer me up. I looked down at my lap and saw his hand was now on my knee. When he realized I was looking at his hand he snatched it away.

Weirdly, I didn't want him to remove his hand. I didn't want him to leave just yet. Even though I hated doing homework, I still wanted to finish the math so bad, and we were so close so why stop now.

" Or... We could just finish the math now, you know if you don't mind." I said, running a hand through my dreads, looking at him tiredly, I've never been so not-dominating towards anyone before, and being like this in front of a minor is so unlike me. Usually I demand things not suggest them.

"No yeah, that's cool, we can finish the math first." He said, smiling sweetly.

We continued with the math, sitting on the bed, he moved to sit next to me instead of in front of me, so he could see what he was explaining from a better view. Our knees pressed against each other, he pointed inside of the book and explained what was happening. He was leaning on his other hand, that was holding him up from behind me. I could feel a part of his hand behind me, it was way too close for my liking. This dude was really... Touchy. And it was making me uncomfortable suddenly. I tried to concentrate on the math, well that wasn't much of a challenge, Alec made it easy.

After half an hour or so, we had finished with all the math. It was getting really dark outside, so I could tell we had used a lot of time on it. We had worked since I came home from school and up until now. Shit.

"I can't believe I fucking finished this crap... Damn." I was so genuinely happy on the inside. I was done with an entire fucking subject! Now all I had to do was actually make those math homework that will be assigned to me in the future, so I don't fall behind again.

"Yeah, and tomorrow we'll do chemistry and looks." He smiled. I sighed not excited for another day with just homework, and the looks part is even worse. I liked my style, I don't wanna change that.

We went downstairs and when he had taken his stuff and was halfway out the door I offered to take him home but he declined nicely.

"Are you sure you don't want a ride home, it's really late?" I asked again. This town was known to be creepy and scary at night. The town had a really bad reputation, and I understand why. We had thieves, rapers, gangsters etc. Yeah, we had it all.

"You have a ride?" He asked amusingly, lifting his brows. I get why he's confused, he has never seen me driving because I don't have a car, but that doesn't mean I can't.

"Nah, but my folks do." I said simply.

"Okay then, why not" he smiled and I swiftly went inside the kitchen, grabbed my parents car keys and sneaked out. We got into the black Audi. He threw his bag in the back and buckled up, I didn't really bother and I started the car. I drove out of the driveway and cruised down the street with him giving me instructions on where to go.

"And then just turn left here" he ended his instruction and we reached his house. It looked kinda basic, it was grey, and the roof was black, not too big nor too small. "Thank you for the lift" he smiled.

"No problem" I nodded in a silent gesture. After he got out I realized he didn't have his bag on and it was probably still in the car. I looked behind me and there it was a worn out, black Eastpak. I looked forward and noticed he had already gone inside. I grabbed the bag and got out of the car.  It was freezing. I jogged over to his front door and knocked. Half a minute or so later the door opened and he was standing there with a smile on his face. I just realized he hadn't taken off his bomber jacket at my place the entire time. I noticed this because he wasn't wearing his jacket now and his tattoo covered arms were showing, which I had only just seen now for the first time. He was wearing a plain black T-shirt, revealing both his entirely tattoo covered arms. Damn, that looked so fucking good. Alec noticed where I was looking and quickly tried hiding his arms behind his back, his smile faded.