Changes

17. Changes

"Hey, Where are you?"

"Home."

"Oh... Well, I was hoping we could talk." 

"I think we are"  Alec said making me let out a soft chuckle. 

"Well, more like face-to-face? Do you have time now?

"Uh... Yeah... Okay. "

"Can I come over?" 

"Uh... I don't know, with my mom and everything. Can't we just meet at the park?" 

"Sure."  I sighed.

***

Alec and I met up at the park and sat down at the bench we sat on the day we told each other everything. 

"So what's up?" He asked his shoulder tense from the cold weather. 

"Uhm, it's just. You... I would've told you yesterday, but you never came back from when you were called to Julians office. But... anyway uhm, when you were called to Julians office, I was called by Mrs. Parks, you know the secretary,  and... we talked. She knew about Mary, and... well long story short, she asked me to start seeing her instead of Julian."

"What? that doesn't make any sense? Is she even allowed with her title and all?" He seemed angry.

"She has a counselors degree" 

"So? Are you actually thinking about it?" He seemed confused, and I didn't understand his anger.

"Well, I was, thinking about it but-" I was about to continue but he cut me off.

"Wait you were thinking about it? I mean do you ever stop to wonder why she isn't practising her degree? What about Julian? You can't just fucking switch like it's a game" He said almost yelling.

"Well I wasn't finished. As I was saying, I thought about it but then I remembered I owe Julian everything. He has been only good to me, and I couldn't possibly leave him. I mean, the amount of loyalty and trust he has shown, I could never do that to him." I told Alec. He nodded, looking down. It was weird, he couldn't look at me, we always had those moments where we didn't need to talk, we simply looked into each others eyes and everything would make sense, but he wouldn't even look at me. Something was off. I felt like I didn't even know him, even though after everything we've been through I feel like we should know each other. 

"I think you should tell Julian, next time you have a session. When's that exactly?" He asked. 

"Uhm, it's tuesday tomorrow right?" I asked, he nodded, "Yeah, I have to see him tomorrow. You're probably right, I'll tell him tomorrow, right after I decline Julia's offer" I stated, he simply nodded swiftly glancing at me, and when he caught me looking at him he quickly looked down again. "But hey, what did Julian want yesterday?" I asked curiously. I was nervous, I was going to ask him about the house I dropped him off at as well. 

"Uhm... Just about some stuff... And you." He mumbled. 

"Me? What about me?" I asked. 

"Just how you were doing and stuff, I am still your tutor remember?" he chuckled nervously. I looked at him with confusion written all over my face. He was acting weird.

"Alec, do you remember before we went to the principals office, I told you I had to ask you something."

"Yeah" He said simply. He looked up at me, wearing a straight face. Instead of looking guilty he had changed into defence mode. Like he just ripped off a mask and put on a new one.