Happy Again

Chapter 24: Happy Again

He invited me in after staring at me a good couple of minutes making me blush. God, I was a fucking 18 year old boy, I shouldn't be acting like a 12 year old girl. I took off my shoes and was led through the narrow hallway to the living room. His mother was in front of the TV watching the news. She turned her wheelchair around and looked at me. Alec gave me a slight push from behind towards her. I coughed and walked closer to her.

"Alex, this is my mom, Alice." Alec introduced.

"These are for you, ma'am." I smiled politely and held out the flowers and the wine. She didn't react, she simply stared at me. At least she was looking at me. When Alec noticed she wasn't taking the flowers nor the wine, he thanked me and grabbed them, he put them on the counter. I kneeled down on both knees and placed my hands on hers. I looked at her sparkling blue eyes for what seemed like a long minute. Her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Hello Mrs. Bold. You look absolutely astonishing tonight." I simply said. She looked at me, and I could swear I saw a slight smile. I took a deep breath and got up again. She was wearing a casual dress, showing her legs up to right below the knee. It was a long-sleeved navy blue dress, that complimented her eyes. Her blonde hair was up in a bun and her bangs were long and pushed to each side of her face.

Elijah came down as I had been staring at their mother for too long. Alec just looked so much like her, I was somehow so grateful for her, making such an amazing boy.

"Wow! Haha, damn Alex. Looking fresh." Elijah said as he came downstairs, wearing his casual black jeans and navy blue jumper. He was matching with his mother, that was cute. "You didn't have to wear a suit though" Elijah added with a slight grin.

"I'm not complaining" Alec added with a smirk.

Yes. I know. Maybe wearing a suit was too much, but I wanted to look good for Alec's mother. I had slightly slicked my hair back, luckily it had grown long enough for it to sit. My suit was a dark shade of navy blue, with a white button up and a matching navy blue vest underneath the jacket. I wasn't wearing a tie or bowtie, I thought that would be too much.

Alec kept staring at me, which made me feel a little self-conscious. He was the one who looked great, he wasn't even trying, he always looked good. He was wearing a casual long-sleeved, loose, three button, grey shirt, with slightly skinny ripped black jeans. His hair was fluffy and slightly pushed back.

"Well, anyway. Elijah and I prepared a dinner for you guys, but... well we accidentally burned the food, so today we're having last minute spaghetti and meatballs. Hopefully it isn't as bad as the chicken." Alec nervously smiled and led us all to the kitchen table.

Elijah and their mom sad at each end of the table and Alec and I sat across from each other on the table side. Alec poured for his mom and placed her plate in front of her, he poured some of the wine I brought to her. I grabbed a piece of bread and placed it on my plate whilst Alec poured some spaghetti for me as well. He lastly poured for himself and passed the spaghetti to his brother Elijah.

"So, uhm, you have a lovely home, Mrs. Bold" I said looking at her respectfully. I wasn't trying to suck up to her, I just really wanted to know what she was thinking. She seemed so mysterious, just like her sons, but there was something about her, it was hard to put a finger on. She stopped eating and looked up at me, she smiled and continued eating. Even though she didn't answer me, I couldn't help but smile because she smiled. Alec looked at me worriedly, probably afraid I was gonna be let down, but he had nothing to fear. I liked his mother no matter what. She was a powerful woman, killing her own husband and raising two boys as a widow. Well I don't know how much raising she did as a widow, but before his death she was the on who took care of them.