New Normal

Chapter 27: New Normal

I pulled over in my driveway, and as I got out of my moms car, I waited for Alec, who showed up a couple of minutes later, he lost me in traffic. He got out of his brother's car and slammed the car door, walking up to me with a smile.

"That was awesome!" He beamed.

"Driving a car?" I asked with a raised brow and amused smile.

"Yeah!" He yelled. I shook my head in amusement.

"Okay, did you remember the emergency brake?" I asked seeing his face suddenly darken, he swiftly looked behind him and ran towards the car, opened the door and pulled the brake. He then closed the door and ran back up to me, with yet another beaming smile.

"There, thanks" he mumbled shyly, I slowly blinked once and nodded, and then pulled him with me inside. I let go of him as we reached the door and led him inside. I saw no one around, which isn't normal since it's Saturday.

"Mom!" I yelled out, startling Alec. I placed an apologetic hand on his shoulder, then placing it on his cheek.

"Oh haha sorry babe" I said as he sighed, recovering from the possible ringing in his ear. I walked up to the counter and placed the keys, I went upstairs and signaled for Alec to follow, I saw Jax' door open so I decided to walk up to his room, as I peaked I saw him lying in his bed with his computer on his lap. He peaked over his computer and saw me and Alec.

"Hey guys, what's up" Jax mumbled as he sat up on his bed. I walked into his room and sat on the edge on his bed, Alec followed behind me, standing by the edge.

"Not much, just came to give mom her car back, where are they anyway?" I asked as Jax bounced on his bed a couple of times, to sit straight, crossing his legs and straightening his MacBook on his lap.

"Oh, Mom and dad took dads car and went out grocery shopping, they'll be back in a couple of minutes, they left a while ago, after breakfast." He said casually. His gaze moved to Alec's. He'd had his fair and share problems with Alec, and I didn't know how he felt about him now. Last time they saw each other was not on the best terms. I was beating the crap out of him and Alec showed a pretty strong side of him. Plus with all the history they had in school, Jax being jealous of Alec for being smarter or whatever, I wonder how he feels about him being here, in his room even.

"So, Alec. How are you?" He asks, his face not showing any emotions. I dont think he minds me being gay, but I think he minds who I'm gay with...

"Uhm, I'm good, thanks how about you?" Alec replies politely.

Jax forces a small and short-lasting smile. "Fine," He sighs and turns his attention to me again, "just bored to death..." He mumbled, running his hands through his hair.

"Hey, what are you up to-" I ask as I grab his computer, "Hope it's not porn again, I already caught you once, let's not repeat the unpleasant scenery." I took his computer, and luckily it was homework, some essay about greek mythology, boring.

"No, please let's not, it was just as unpleasant for me as it was for you. And give me that back-" He said as he grabbed his Mac. "-I'm already behind on this fucking assignment. Who cares about Greek Mythology anyway..." He grunted frustratingly, I felt sorry for him, he had taking extra work on in school for credits, to be able to get into the school he wanted, he had been spending a lot of time in his room studying, not seeing friends, not partying, nothing. He deserved to get out a little, have fun.

"Hey...-" I looked up at Alec who knew exactly what I was thinking and nodded, I looked back at Jax. "Why don't you join me and Alec together with some of my friends at Alec's house? A small get together, there will be snacks, probably alcohol too, and it'll be fun" I ask Jax, but he doesn't seem interested at all.