Unbroken

Chapter 23: Unbroken

"Yo? What's going on? Why you holding hands?" Elijah asked as he reached us. Alec quickly let go of my hand, and paused for a second. Then he looked at Elijah and me, he then grabbed my hand again and intertwined our hands. 

"What's it to you?" Alec asked offensively. 

"What? I just think it's a bit gay, that's all?" Elijah replied foolishly. 

"So? what's wrong with being gay?" I asked, cutting in, trying to defend Alec. 

"Well... I don't know, it's disgusting, two men together like that... no ew" Elijah was being really ridiculous. I'd never seen him have such a preposterous demeanour. 

"Dude, it's 2017, keep up will ya?" Alec retorted.

"So? My little bro and best friend? Gay... and together? That's just weird. So... what, are you like a thing or something?" Elijah asked. 

"Well..." I began, I still didn't know how far Alec would take it, but luckily he cut me off. 

"No we are not a thing, we are a couple. Alex is my boyfriend, and he's even coming over to my place tomorrow." Alec interrupted. I was a bit shocked, I'd never been to their house before, I wanted to meet their mother but I was afraid of how it would go since she doesn't really talk.

"What? He is?" Elijah was obviously just as shocked as me. "What? Are you gonna show him to your invalid mother?" He asked. Alec looked at him with both his eyebrows raised. 

"Eli! You can't say that, that's fucked up." Alec said his voice raised, making a few students turn their heads as they were passing. 

"Whatever, I'll see you at home, brother and brother-in-law" He smiled sarcastically and left. I looked at Alec and I saw him looking down at our hands. He was thinking about if it was a good idea to tell him about me, I could tell from his face expression, he regretted it.

"I'm sorry if you felt pushed to tell-" I began but Alec cut me off. 

"Don't apologize. I wanted to tell him, I don't regret it." He said looking up at me and smiling. I smiled back and placed a soft kiss to his lips. As we pulled away from the kiss I caught a few people staring, I ignored them and we began walking to our classes.

We had reached my class, we were standing outside the classroom, Alec had Geometry a few classes away from mine, he decided to wait until the bell would ring. 

"Am I really invited to your house tomorrow?" I asked full of hope. I was dying to see how he lived, his room, I imagine it dark with a lot of band posters. 

"Of course, we can have dinner with my mother. I'm sorry I didn't formally invite you, it wasn't only because I wanted to annoy Elijah. I really want to cook for you and I'd like you to come to my house. See where the tragedy called my life began and grew." he said, I chuckled shortly. 

"Okay, I'd love to come. But I must admit, I'm a bit nervous to meet your mother." 

"Don't worry she won't say much..." He said with a straight face, it seemed as if simply talking about her worsened his mood. I could tell he wasn't joking. 

"Alec... If you want to wait-"

"No I don't want to wait. Besides, I want to know how it feels to have sex with you in my bed." he smirked and leaned in for a kiss. I placed a palm on his chest, stopping. 

"It was cute the first time, but PDA is just not my thing" I gave an apologetic smile and he smirked. 

"It's okay, you'll make up for it behind closed doors" He smirked making me rub my forehead with the tip of my fingers. He chuckled shortly before leaving me. I looked at him from behind and saw him glancing back at me with a smile before turning a corner. Ugh, he made me feel all kinds of stuff. I truly loved him with all my heart.