Possessive part 1

Chapter 28: Possessive part 1

It was getting late and we had only just arrived into Alec's driveway. We had bought everything that we needed for the small get-together. A fuck-load of chips, and soda, we even bought a ton of pizza on our way to Alec and Elijah's home. About ten bags full of goods, maybe a bit too much, but it was Elijah who sent a long message with all the things needed, I had a feeling it was going to be more than just a small get-together. As Alec pulls the handbrake, he honks the horn for a very long time and seconds later Elijah comes out. We all get out of the car, as Alec pops the trunk. Jax is the last one to get out, Elijah walks over to him and greets him as usual, hand shake and half hug. It was so obvious they liked each other, it was so uncomfortable. Now I know how Elijah must feel, when I'm being so affectionate with his brother. They greet each other as casually as possible and walk to the trunk were Alec is already carrying two bags and halfway to the house. I grab two bags as well and walk inside, with Elijah and Jax behind me, catching up.

"So, did your mother leave already?" I asked, my hands full of bags.

"Yeah, she left right before you got here, you should've seen her, she looked so beautiful!" Elijah explained.

"Yeah I bet. She did have someone to impress after all" I said as we reached the door. Elijah, who was only carrying one bag, opened the door for us with his free hand letting us inside.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Oh you know, Julia has a huge crush on your mom, and I bet she feels the same way, with how excited she became when she found out Julia was taking her out" I explained nonchalantly. Elijah seemed confused, but read no further into it.

As we managed to get everything inside we began setting the snacks up. There was already a lot of alcohol, but I imagine the guys bringing their own stuff as well. I saw Alec setting pizza's up on the counter and Jax and Elijah were not doing much to help, they had both cheat-started with the alcohol, they were drinking a beer in the kitchen, chit-chatting. I don't know how I felt about the alcohol, I wanted to be able to just relax and take a drink with the boys, but after everything I've worked for, I know I would be disappointed in myself the next day. It was not like I was in rehab, but I should have been. I avoided being that deep in shit, and I sure as hell wasn't gonna start now. My problem was Alec. He had been in rehab at such a young age, and if he relapsed, I could never forgive myself. I feel responsible for everything he does. I need to take care of him, no matter what. Today is my chance to prove to myself, that I deserve to be with Alec.

I went up to Alec, he had just finished setting up. He smiled when he saw me.

"hey," I simply said. He replied similarly with a 'hey'. "So, I was wondering about how you were feeling..." I asked, trying to be subtle. His brow raised, something he does a lot, I've noticed, but this time it was different, it was not as playful or sarcastic as usual.

"What do you mean? I'm fine?" He said, his voice hoarse, he had to cough dryly so his voice went back to its deep self.

"Just... with the alcohol and stuff, I just want to make sure that you know, we don't have to be here, we can go, you know... take off to somewhere else, I really don't mind, I can see these guys anytime-"

"Wait, what? No?" He cut me off. "Alex, I haven't had a drink in a year, I can take care of myself" he said a bit disbelievingly.

"No I know, but-" I began again.

"I don't think you do? I don't want to be this too-careful person, and I don't need a boyfriend who feels the need to babysit me, I'm seventeen, I'm not a little kid, I'm allowed to have fun." He said rather harsh. He walked away from me without saying another word. I was about to follow him when Elijah grabbed my hand. He didn't understand, I just wanted to let him know I was here for him if he ever needed it.