All Hell Breaks Lose pt. 2

Chapter 20: All Hell Breaks Loose pt. 2

"...It started two years ago. Alec came to see me every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It was Monday, and he came to me after school feeling very down. I could tell, he didn't even have to say. It had something to do with his dad. At that time I had grown very tired of his dad, I heard all the horrible things he did. Alec and even Elijah came to school every day with wounds from their father beating them, but that wasn't why he was sad, he was sad because his father had laid hands on his mother. He had given her several punches to the stomach. And Alex, you have no idea how much I hate domestic violence, I remember getting really angry. And the reason for me trying to do something about it was that I was in a similar situation when I was young after my sister dying, my dad was very much like Alec's father, so I could relate, I had been through the same as he. I remembered that when I was young I wished for nothing else than someone killing my father. So what I did was, I went to buy rat poisoning..." She looked up at me worriedly, my eyes widened. "I-I know it sounds really extreme, but I just... he was so repelling, I had to do something, I knew I had to live with myself. So I went over there, planning the whole scenario in my head over and over again, but when I arrived, his father was already dead. Alex... It wasn't alcohol poisoning he died of like we pretended the doctors said. It was Alec's mother who had poisoned him, she had bought the exact same poison as me and poisoned him. She stepped up and didn't something about it. Alex, you can't tell Alec or Elijah. They don't know about this. I helped Mrs. Bold hide her tracks and we set his room on fire with him in it and called the police. We made up a cover story and heard nothing more of him. Their mother realised what she had done and it damaged her mentally. I tried talking to her every single day after school for years, but she never spoke back. What happened to her, it affected me too, because well... I was in love with her." She explained. 

While she was talking, it was like my mind was fried. There was a lot to take in, and it all seemed so surreal, like it was part of a movie. It was all really fucked up, but at the same time things finally made sense. Then she continued. 

"With everything going on, I couldn't take it anymore, and I thought that now that Alec's father was gone, Alec would get better so I quit counseling. The school hired Julian and made Alec see him, and he did truly get better, his grades rose and he seemed... ok. But then one day, I saw him leaving Julians office, with tear stains on his cheeks. He rushed out hands in his pockets and head down and I tried calling for him but he didn't stop, I ran after him but as I reached the exit he was gone. The next day I tried looking for him at school but he hadn't showed. He didn't show up the remaining week, I thought something had happened to him so I stopped Elijah in the hallway and asked him if Alec was okay. He said he hadn't seen him for days. It was then I went to julian. I asked him where he was, but instead of giving me an answer he was angry that I was interfering with his students. I went to Alec's house to try talking to his mother but she wasn't of much help. Monday morning the next week I decided I was going to tell the principal, but then I saw him. He was fine. It was like nothing had happened, like he hadn't disappeared for an entire week. When I asked him where he had been, he made up some lame lie about being with a long distanced friend. I didn't buy his bullshit lies, so after school that same day I saw him going to Julians office and decided to ask him once again. As I walked in, I saw Julian fucking him, he had tears falling down his  cheeks, I felt my heart break. I knew what was happening, but I didn't want to believe it. The worst part was I couldn't do shit about it. Because as I left them and was about to go see the principal immediately, Alec came into my office crying, telling me I couldn't tell anyone. He said Julian would do something bad, he was threatening him, probably something similar to what he's threatening you with. I think he did drugs then, and so for Alec's sake I didn't tell anyone. But I couldn't bare Julian hurting him so I went to Julian. Then he threatened me. I-my hands were tied. I was defenseless. Alec told me the raping had stopped, so we kinda just never spoke of it again. The reason I told you, was so that you didn't have to go through what Alec went through. I couldn't bare losing another student to him, not if I could stop it from happening." She finished.