Chapter 50

Howie's POV

I walk in the room wearing some jeans and a daddy to be t-shirt Stacey looks at me as I walk over to her "How are my girls today?" She smiles and I put my hand on her stomach then feel a kick. We had found out we were having a girl and through the pregnancy she had been full of energy and I couldn't wait to meet her in a few weeks I kiss Stacey and hear a knock on the door. I walk over and open the door to see the group standing there and the girls are there with gifts "Come on in." They all walk in the house and I take a deep breath time for the baby shower to start.

Stacey's POV

We get a lot of amazing gifts during the baby shower and the cake tasted great too the guys and girls kind of split up the girls all start talking and asking how I'm doing and how everything has been going and I fill them in on how my pregnancy has been going. We talk for awhile and the guys come back in the room Howie walks over and takes a seat next to me and puts his hand on my stomach, I look up and see Vanessa Kevin reaches over and holds her hand then they kiss I look away and see Nick sit by Mallory. She lays her head on his shoulder and he leans his head over on hers it seemed as if everyone was happy and that was great I would be happy if my baby girl would settle down to let me sleep at night but I knew she was worth it and I was really looking forward to meeting her in a few weeks.

Howie's POV

The weeks after the baby shower pass slowly and then the due date comes but Stacey doesn't go into labor our baby girl hadn't even met her Uncle Nick yet and she was already like him showing up late that night while Stacey and I are getting ready for bed I hear her mumble about a one day year old person living inside her. I laugh then go to sleep early the next morning I feel Stacey shaking me I yawn then roll over and look at her "What is it Stac?" "It's time to go to the hospital." I rub my eyes and sit up as she gets out of bed "Are you sure?" Then I hear water hit the floor and she looks at me "My water broke." Yeah it was time to go to the hospital.

Stacey's POV

I get placed in a delivery room quickly when Howie and I arrive at the hospital he walks out in the hall and calls the group he walks in the room and sits down in a chair next to my bed. I feel a strong contraction rip through me and I grab his hand and try to breathe through the pain. I hear Howie let out a whimper of pain "Stac I think you just broke my hand." I look over at him and give him a glare "Stop complaining I'm in a lot more pain than you are!!!" Howie stops talking and his eyes widen and I realize for the first time in our relationship he's actually scared of me.

Howie's POV

The doctor comes in a little while later and we are finally ready to have a baby he goes to the end of the bed and nurses stand across the room with the tiny bed and towels and other things I stand by Stacey and hold her hand. When she squeezes it again I hear an audible crack and I know I will have to have it go looked at later the doctor tells her to push two times I glance at the end of the bed and see my daughter's head covered with my dark hair. "You're doing great baby I can see her head." A few more pushes and half an hour later a loud crying fills the room the doctor hands our baby to the nurse "It's a girl." My baby girl was finally here

Stacey's POV

The nurses clean up our daughter then place her in Howie's arms he walks over and sits down on the bed next to me I sit up and look down at our baby girl. She already had dark hair like Howie her eyes open and she looks up here eyes are brown just like Howie's she was a tiny Howie. "She's beautiful Stac I can't believe she's finally here." I smile at Howie as he looks down at our daughter in amazement I cough and look at him "I want to name her Caroline Ann Dorough." I see the tears form in his eyes and I know he is thinking about his sister he clears his throat then looks at me "Thank you Stacey I love her name and I love both of you." I kiss the side of his neck "I love you too Howie." We spend some more time with our baby girl and I can already tell that Howie is wrapped around her tiny fingers and I know he is going to be a great dad.

" We spend some more time with our baby girl and I can already tell that Howie is wrapped around her tiny fingers and I know he is going to be a great dad