Prologue

A/N This is my original story. I have been daydreaming this story for almost a year now. I really hope that you will enjoy it. This story is only partially edited so please feel free to message me with any mistakes or plot holes. Thank you for taking the time to read this story!

********
Mid April - Winnipeg MB

"Samantha, wait up!" was hollered down the crowded high school corridor by a statuesque blond teenage girl.

A petite brunette with a cute pixie cut and large soulful brown eyes looked behind her to see who was calling. Upon seeing her friend Dawn trying to make her way through the crowd, Samantha stopped and waited for her to catch up. Samantha used her time to really examine Dawn. Dawn was a tall classic blond beauty with blue eyes that drew male attention wherever they went. The interesting thing was that even though Samantha didn't think that she, herself, was pretty, she drew just as much male attention whenever she went out. Earlier in her life, a male classmate had jokingly told her that she was like Queen Elizabeth; she was smart, but not much to look at. Samantha, not realizing that he was joking and just trying to talk to her, took those words to heart. So every time that she went out with Dawn and her other girlfriends, she believed that the guys were just coming up and talking to her to get to know more about Dawn. She didn't realize that the guys were approaching her to meet her. They were just talking about Dawn to break the ice.

It didn't take Dawn very long to make her way down the corridor, despite the crowd. Stopping next to Samantha she continued on with what she had been wanting to say. "Hey, while talking to Lisa and Joy last night, an ad came on the radio talking about a three day music fest and rodeo being held south of the city towards the end of June. The band that we heard warming up last weekend is supposed to be playing there. We were thinking that it would make a great girls weekend to celebrate the end of grade 10. I mean, what more could we want, a weekend filled with great music, hot musicians, and of course you can't forget, the hot cowboys!"

Samantha couldn't help, but laugh and shake her head at Dawn's enthusiasm. She knew from experience that nothing got in between Dawn and the male species. Every plan that they had ever made always had a caveat; if Dawn was asked out by a male for the same time then the plans with the male would take precedence. Lisa and Joy were also starting to do this. This was one of the reasons why Samantha had always held herself back from being full friends with them even though they were the only girlfriends that she had that are her age. Another reason that she held herself back was that she simply didn't get along with most girls, especially those within her age range, very well. She didn't like the snarkiness nor the games that they played while they didn't like the fact that she got along along extremely well with boys of their age.

"This could be a great plan," Samantha thought to herself while trying not to get too excited about having an actual girls weekend, something that she had never experienced before. "I mean we will need to bring at least one mom along with us since none of our mothers would agree to letting four 16 years old girls go to this by ourselves. Hmmm, maybe more than one mom?" she continued on in her head.

Looking at the excitement in Dawn's face, Samantha agreed with her that a girl's weekend would be a great way to celebrate. They walked further down the hall where they met up with Joy, a girl with long dirty blond hair, brown eyes, who was a few inches shorter than Dawn. At the school doors, they met up with their fourth friend Lisa, a girl with long brown hair, brown eyes, and the same height as Joy. The four of them headed over to Lisa's house to finish homework and make plans for the girls weekend. The other girls agreed with the need for some parental chaperones. They quickly decided that they would need to ask more than one mother to come along since that way the girls wouldn't have a parent following them around the whole time. "The key to a successful girls weekend will be to distract the mothers from paying close attention," suggested Dawn with a wink causing all the girls to clutch their stomachs as they laughed. If anyone knew about distracting parents to get away with things it was Dawn.

While heading home later that evening, Samantha continued to make plans. She realized that her mom should probably be one of the chaperones since she would be willing to give them some freedom knowing that she could trust Samantha not to do anything too stupid. Bringing her mother would mean that Samantha would have two tickets to purchase instead of one. Her family was not rich and didn't really have the extra money in the budget for a weekend like this so it was a good thing that Samantha had been working part time at a small grocery store near her house. "If I cut back on some of my spending, I should easily have enough money saved up to buy both tickets within a month," she thought with some pride.

Lying her head down on her pillow that night, Samantha couldn't help the excitement that started to swell up inside of her. The next two months were going to go by slowly, but the end product would be worth it. "After all, what could possibly go wrong?" was her final thought before sleep overtook her.