Chapter 37 - Sharing Kisses

Samantha swallowed when she heard Lily's quiet comment. Thoughts and concerns swirled through her head. Was Lily agreeing with her statement or was she saying that she wouldn't want a boy, man, whatever to get in trouble for something they did together? Was this the cause of all the trouble? If it was, Samantha couldn't understand while Lily would seem so scared all the time, unless ... was Lily scared of the guy? Did he harm her? No, that wouldn't make sense.

Samantha chewed on her bottom lip. All this was just supposition anyways. She needed to bite the bullet and just ask Lily. May be then she would know what the issue was.

She opened her mouth to speak when the door to the trailer opened, hitting the wall.

"Oh good. You both look ready to go. Sherry is just putting Bryan in his stroller so we can leave right away." Sharron continued into the trailer so that she could grab her purse and her camera.

Lily had jumped at the sound of the door. She dropped her feet onto the floor.

"Hurry up girls. We don't want to be late."

Lily looked at Samantha and rolled her eyes. She stood up and walked over to the door to put on her boots. "Yes, mom."

Samantha pushed herself up to standing and followed Lily out the door after putting on her own boots.

"Sammy! My Sammy." Bryan struggled against the arms of his mother.

Lily and Samantha both looked over to Sherry's trailer where Sherry was trying, unsuccessfully to get Bryan into his stroller. They both walked over to them as Bryan tried to make a break from his mother.

"Bryan, would you like to walk with Lily and I?" Samantha looked to Sherry to make sure that it was okay.

Sherry's shoulders sagged. "Are you sure you are up for it?" She watched as Samantha nodded. "Than thank you. The little bigger played, not napped, played in his playpen. Maybe walking will tire him out."

Samantha smiled. "No worries Sherry. Lily and I will watch him so that you can relax."

Sherry smiled in relief. She let go of Bryan as Samantha stepped up in front of him.

Samantha held her hand out to Bryan. "Come on little man. How about you walk with me and Lily to go watch Josh and Jake ride their horses?"

Bryan took her hand and started babbling in toddler speak as she lead him back over to Lily and Sharron with Sherry pushing the stroller behind them.

Lily reached down and held onto Bryan's other hand without any fuss. Bryan only seemed to raise a stink when someone, especially Josh or Jake, tried to touch Samantha. He seemed to consider her his. Each time he had to be reminded about sharing, but he still got upset. Everyone was hoping that it would stop once Samantha spent more time around him, but it hadn't happened yet.

They started their walk to the rodeo stands with Samantha, Bryan, and Lily leading leading the way. Sharron walked behind them with Sherry.

"Oh Samantha, I meant to ask you earlier. Did John get his chance to speak to you?"

Samantha held her breath before letting it out slowly. She had hoped that Sharron wouldn't ask about it. "He did." She told herself that she didn't lie after all John did speak saying that he would meet them in the stable. It might not have been truly directed to her, but she was part of the group that he had said it to.

"What was he wanting to speak with you about?" Sharron persisted in trying to find out why John had wanted Samantha to go by herself with them.

"Uh," —Samantha glanced over her shoulder before turning her gaze down to Bryan— "He, uh, just wanted to know how things were." Samantha hoped that that sounded plausible.