Chapter 29 - Dress Photos

It wasn't much, but it was enough to help the boys realize that they had all gone far enough. Actually much farther than any of them intended since they were out in public in the middle of the afternoon.   

She leaned her forehead on Jake's. "Wow," she thought.

She felt Josh move his head. His breath getting closer to her ear. She tightened her muscles as she felt his lips move against the shell of her ear. "Hello," she heard as her body shivered in response.

Josh chuckled and started to pull back slightly until he could rest his chin on her head.

"I've been wanting to do that since I saw you in the hallway this morning," Jake whispered as he pulled his head back enough to kiss her on the tip of her nose. 

The boys loosened their hold on her. Josh tossed Jake the keys after having pressed to button to unlock the doors. He opened the front passenger door and helped Samantha in as Jake went around to the driver's side.

The three of them remained quiet as Jake started the continued drive to Josh's house. Each of them lost in their own thoughts on what had just happened.

Samantha had kissed guys before Josh and Jake and it had been nice. Certainly nothing compared to the chemistry that she had with either of them. But together, the three of them had been explosive.

It shocked her that she would have reacted that way. She had had her whole life planned out according to her beliefs. At least before she had met Josh and Jake.

She would date, but keep things physically limited to just kissing. She had had no plans of taking things further than that. In fact, she had always planned on remaining a virgin until her wedding night. Now, she wasn't sure what to think. It was all happening too fast.

Samantha looked at her boys. Their faces were blank, lost in thought, but they still stirred something deep within her. "So, uhm, what was that?"

Jake tightened his fingers around the steering wheel. He glanced over at Josh, thankful that it was his turn to drive. He had answered the tough questions earlier so now it was Josh's turn.

Josh choked on some air, coughing until Samantha passed him some water. How was he going to answer this? He looked towards Jake in hopes of receiving some support, only to be met with a smirk. "Gee, thanks," he thought as he rolled his eyes.

"Well, Jake and I had been discussing different things that we thought that we needed to try to see if it would make either of us jealous before we all get in too deep," he spit out in one massive breath.

As the silence lengthened after Josh's statement, both Josh and Jake snuck glances at Samantha worried about what she was thinking.

Samantha sunk back into kthe seat. She had heard the words coming out of Josh's mouth, but the speed at which they came made it impossible for her to understand. She continued to sit quietly as she tried to absorb their meaning.

Jake ran through was Josh had just said. "Crap," he thought as he realized how Samantha could have taken Josh's statement. Josh, who he thought could never put a foot wrong, had once again put his foot in his mouth when he was trying to explain things to Samantha.

Jake peeled his right hand off the steering wheel. He reached over and grabbed one of her hands, forcing Samantha to leave her head and look at him. "What Josh is trying to say, badly again, is that this relationship is extremely important to us and we don't want to do anything to mess it up. We have talked over all the things that we could think of that could mess it up. We want to face each one to see if it will cause problems and then work at them."