Chapter 13 - John

Sunday - Day 3 of the Rodeo and Music fest

"Ouch," muttered John as he twisted his neck in a stretch while keeping his eyes closed. Something was wrong, but he didn't know what it was. It was just a feeling that something was off. He started to open his eyes, but the bright early morning sunshine coming in through the window had him quickly closing his eyes again. "Shit, that hurt," he thought to himself as he brought his hands up to rub his face. He was trying to figure out why it was so bright. He kept the blinds closed in his bedroom in the trailer whenever his wife wasn't travelling with them. That way he never woke up to a bright light piercing his eyeballs. So why were his blinds open?

He started to notice other weird things, like the stitch in his lower back, and the tingling numbness in his left hip. He tried to roll off his hip and unto his stomach to relieve the pain when all of a sudden, they wasn't anymore bed below him.

"Fuck! That really hurt!" he bellowed.

"Keep it down out there. I'm still trying to sleep," yelled Jason from his bedroom.

"What the..." thought John as he heard Jason yelling at him. That wasn't right. He should not be hearing Jason. He opened his eyes and looked around to see that he was on the living room floor of Jason's trailer. He had fallen off the couch.

"What?" he thought just before all his memories of the night before came crashing back. He and Jason had returned to Jason's trailer after supper. Jason's trailer was a little farther from the music field so it was quieter. The two of them had opened a few beers and started watching TV. They hadn't had too many, but on top of the extreme heat, and the fact that they were both already overtired from farm work at the moment, the amount of beers must have been enough to make him pass out. It had been a while since he had had the pleasure of that experience and as he stood up, he realized that he could have gone longer without it.

He stretched as tall as he could inside the trailer, before switching to a twisting stretch for his back. He listened to all his bones cracking and popping reminding him that his 50th birthday was coming along in a few short years.

He looked at his watch and discovered that it was only 5 am. No wonder he was still tired. Since it was still early he decided to head back to his trailer to get at least a few hours of comfortable sleep in. Never again did he want to sleep on Jason's couch.

He stumbled out the trailer's door and started his walk back to his. He was thankful that it was Jake and Josh with them this weekend. He had no worries about having spent the night in a different trailer. Now if it had been the older boys, he knew that he would not have wanted to leave them alone. The things that they had gotten up to in the past just made him shake his head. He wondered what he and Jason had done to get boys like their older ones, but really he knew that they were just versions of themselves when they were younger. The good thing about the older boys was the fact that they were really nice and caring; they just liked women as well. The funny thing was that women liked the older boys just as much. The older boys never lacked companionship and their exes, when they actually had girlfriends, we're all still really good friends with them. It was just hard to watch as a parent especially when you kept walking in on them.

At least he didn't have to worry about walking in on anything when it was just Jake and Josh. They, as parents, might think that the two of them were gay, but they had never seen the boys in a compromising position. "If their relationship has even progressed so far physically, they have been doing a great job of hiding it," he thought as he reached for the doorknob on his trailer.

He opened the door quietly, knowing that Jake and Josh would still be asleep. The last thing he wanted to do when they were going to be riding bulls later would be to make them tired.

He walked in and saw their feet all entwined together. "That's new," he thought. Although they often share a bed, they are usually on separate sides.

He took another look, and another when he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He rubbed his eyes, blinked twice, and then took a final look.

It was true! There were 3 pairs of feet instead of two in the bed. One pair looked to be a lot smaller.

He crept closer, not wanting to disturb them, but he had to know who was in the bed with Josh and Jake. This was so unusual and unexpected.

He had to scan hard, but soon found Samantha squished in between the two boys. He had nearly missed her since, although she was laying with her head on Josh's chest, Jake was nearly covering her.

"Well this was unexpected," he thought to himself as he turned around. He decided that it would be better to head back to John's to get some more sleep. That way Josh, Jake, and Samantha wouldn't know that he saw them.

He was pleased, yet concerned with this new development. He had never seen the boys act the way that they did around her and he was enjoying watching them. At the same time he was worried about what would happen when two of them became a couple. He could easily see Samantha with either boy so it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities that a couple would form. The problem would be for the boy left out. Considering what had happened to their friendship when they had had girlfriends in the past, he didn't want to see what would happen from them both falling for the same girl.

"This situation was going to need some close watching," he thought as he opened the door to John's trailer. "The good news is that we can probably now say that they aren't gay. They may be bisexual, but we can stop worrying about them being picked on for being gay."

That was his final thought as he climbed the short ladder leading to the second bed area before collapsing on the bed. Two breaths later and he was out cold once again.

A/N Sorry that this is a short chapter, but it needed to stand on its own. Thanks for reading! 😚