Chapter 9 - Asking Permission

Samantha headed off to the competitors gate without her parents. The rodeo today had been far busier than yesterday and tonight's music concerts were a sell out so the place was packed with people. Her parents had decided that it was a better idea for them to go and find a table for everyone for supper before the crowds became too big than it was to come with her to meet the boys. She knew where the gate was, but even if she hadn't, it wouldn't have been hard to find. All she had to do was follow the larger crowd of females of which many of them were dressed for a night on the town instead of an outdoor rodeo and concert. She actually felt sorry for some of them as their stilettos were getting stuck in the ground.

She listened in to some of their conversations as she followed them to the gate. If she had had any question about them going someplace else, it was soon put to rest. Instead her earlier concern about the boys being added to the 'do them so I can brag about it' list was confirmed. She heard the names of Jake and Josh spoken from the lips around her many times. She also heard many of the women discussing the slut who managed to get kisses from both of them which was concerning, but could be easily ignored. What she couldn't ignore was how graphic and detailed many of the women were in their discussions about what they were going to do to the boys when they got them alone. Or even worse, what they were going to do to them in front of her to try to entice them away from her. They may not have been truly hers, but these ladies didn't know that and it disgusted her that some of them were purposely trying to wreck another woman's relationship. It seemed like these women were no different than the girls she faced everyday at high school and it saddened her.

Almost fearing for her safety by the way some were discussing her, she was very thankful that she wasn't recognized by the women. She slowed her pace to allow them to get to the gate first. She hung back a bit trying to figure out a strategy to use to help protect the virtue of Jake and Josh while not getting herself beat up or by making things worse for them. She knew that the first thing that she needed to do was to let them know what was awaiting them once they walked through the gate so she pulled out her phone and texted them. The rest, she decided, would have to be played by ear.

Josh was the first one of her boys to come through the gate, for that was how she openly thinking about them now; her boys to protect, and care for. As soon as she saw him opening the gate she had started to move through the group so that she could reach him quickly. Despite her speed, a 20 something-ish woman with obviously fake breasts, which were on display, reached him first. The woman tried to block Samantha's access, but as soon as she was close enough, Josh reached out and pulled her to him. He tried to put Samantha between between him and the fake boob woman, but she was not giving up her position. The other ladies had crowded in so closely that there really wasn't much room to move since some other cowboys had exited behind Jake.

The woman looked at Samantha, who was cuddled in as close as Josh could get her, with disgust and said to Josh, "Why don't you leave the baby and come with me? I have a lot more" —she pushed up her breasts with one hand— "for you to play with." She then tried to grab his hand that was on Samantha's waist and bring it up to her breasts.

Josh was shocked! He stood there with his mouth slightly open, panicking. Samantha had texted him and Jake to tell them what was awaiting them, but he had never expected it to be as bad as this. He wasn't sure what to do. They had thought that having Samantha as their girlfriend was the answer, but obviously some women just did not get the message.

Before Josh could come up with a plan of action, Samantha looked at him with a smile and winked. As she continued to gaze into his eyes she threw over her shoulder, "Girl, he knows the difference between fake and the real thing." She then turned her head to stare at the breasts that were now almost poking her in the eye. With sincerity and concern oozing from her voice, she continued, "Oh my! Are you okay? Don't you worry, my friend has the name of a fabulous plastic surgeon that can fix that right up for you. I will text her for his name and number. Come find me later and I will give it to you."