Chapter 52 - Party!

It was deja vu for Samantha as she found herself standing in front of a full length mirror for the second time that day. This time she was in Josh's room and wearing more than a bikini. She stared intently at her reflection as she stood on her tiptoes and turned to try to see what she looked like from the back. She turned back to face the mirror and bit her lip. She was still feeling a little unsure and self conscious in the new sundress that she was wearing. Would it be too much for the bar-b-q that Sharron had planned?

Instead of stopping off at Jake's like they had originally planned, Josh and Samantha had traveled to his house while Jake went back to his to grab her bag and his stuff. When the two of them entered the kitchen, they found Sharron and Sherry already preparing food for the party.

Sherry had suggested that Samantha should go and shower first. She then followed Samantha towards the bathroom on the pretence of checking on Bryan who had gone down for a quick nap.

"So did the boys like the swimsuit?" Sherry couldn't keep the excitement out of her voice.

Samantha looked shyly at her from the corner of her eyes. "I think so. They didn't really say, but they couldn't stop looking either."

"That is a really good sign Samantha. When a guy or guys can't keep their eyes off you then they like it." Sherry was pleased to know that the suit seemed to work. She could tell that Samantha was holding things back from the way that Samantha's body flushed when she spoke. She wondered what had happened, but knew that she couldn't force the issue. She just needed to let Samantha know that she was here if Samantha ever needed someone to talk to.

"I hear that you guys ended up with some company at the swim hole. Sharron called and told me about the impromptu party that she was holding."

Samantha nodded. She knew that she needed to tread carefully here. She really liked Sherry and was starting to feel like she could confide in her, but Sherry was best friends with Sharron. They were keeping so many secrets from Sharron and even some from Sherry and it was all starting to wear on her.

"We did. It was nice to meet some of Josh's and Jake's friends." There, that sounded all right she hoped.

Sherry made a noncommittal sound at Samantha's statement. Sherry had watched Cheryl at work before. She knew that Sharron loved the girl as another daughter and that both John and Jason seemed to like her, there was just something about her that rubbed Sherry the wrong way. It had taken Sherry some time, but she had finally decided that Cheryl reminded her of her step-mother, a lady who was all about the show in public, but extremely manipulative.

"You should wear the new sundress that we picked up on the weekend," Sherry told her as she went into the guest room that contained a toddler bed for Bryan.

Samantha stared at Sherry's back. "Really," she thought, "Sherry wants me to dress up tonight. I wonder why?"

Samantha continued on to the bathroom where she quickly washed up.

The result...she was now standing in front of the mirror trying to decide if she felt comfortable enough to be dressed up in such a figure flattering dress. She loved the fact that it looked like she was wearing a beautiful sunset with the lighter brighter colours up in the sweetheart halter top. The colours continued to deepen and darken as the dress skimmed over her figure to the ground. With her lack of height, Samantha had never worn a long maxi dress before, but Sherry told her that the style of this dress made her look taller. Of course it could also have been the thigh high slit that did that.

The dress, with all its fabric, really was modest, but somehow, the fit, made her feel exposed. She took a deep breath and held it as she stared. To trust Sherry or not to trust Sherry. That was really what she was deciding. With a nod, she made her decision to trust. She started to release her breath when the bedroom door opened startling her.