Chapter 30 - First Meetings

A/N I'm back! Thank you all so much for the prayers and thoughts for my mother. She is home and healing. It will be a long recovery for her, but at least she is home. I'm currently with them to try to help out and to set up services to help after I leave. Thank you for sticking with this story and for liking/loving it like I do. 😘😘

~~~~

Samantha followed Lily into the house. Lily giggled to herself the whole time. They paused briefly in the foyer to remove their shoes. Lily explained that her mother was a stickler for removing their outdoor shoes in the foyer. Lily looked at Samantha as if she was waiting to see Samantha make fun of her mother's rule. Samantha, instead, just smiled and nodded as she took her boots off using a convient boot jack.

Inside, Samantha felt some sympathy for Sharron. In fact, she thought that if she lived in on a ranch like this that she would make people take their footwear off outside. She shuddered just thinking about all the manure and other disgusting things that covered footwear on a ranch being dragged throughout the house. There was no way that she would ever make fun of the shoe removal rule.

As soon as Lily had her shoes off, she was on the move again. Samantha quickly finished and rushed to catch up. She would have loved to stop and look around the large foyer, but Lily was alread calling over her shoulder. "Hurry up, Sam. I have so much to show you. Wait, are you ok if I call you Sam? Let's go. The albums are in the family room."

Samantha chuckled wryly. "I thought that the boys said that Lily seemed depressed. She certainly doesn't seem that way to me," Samantha thought as she she hurried to catch up by following the sound of Lily's voice as she continued to move through the house.

They passed by an arched opening on the left that lead into what had to be the living room. That room appeared to have an arched opening in one of its walls, too, but they passed too quickly for Samanthat to see where it lead. On the right side they passed double frosted glassed doors that closed, before having to veer left around a wall. Lily did point to that door over he shoulder explaining that it was a bathroom

As soon as the hallway widened again after the bathroom, Samantha realized that they were at a crossroads with the way in front of them open to the kitchen. Through the windows in the kitchen Samantha could catch glimpses of the back garden and pool.

Lily turned right leading Samantha down another hallway. They didn't have far to go before Lily had them turning left into the family room. Samantha entered the room where her breath caught as she looked around. The family room was open to the kitchen, but this section did not have the bank of windows that could be found in the large kitchen and eating area. This part of the room was darker, probably to make it easier to see what could be playing on the large screen tv that was mounted overtop of the fireplace.

Samantha looked for Lily and found her kneeling on the floor with her feet to her side in front a bookcase cabinet on the half wall that was separating the eating area from the family room. Samantha would have missed her behind the couch that was placed in front if she hadn't nearly tripped over Lily's outstretched foot.

Lily was busy pulling albums from the shelf and placing them on the floor. She motioned for Samantha to grab and few and to take them ove to the coffee table.

Samantha bent over to comply and headed to the coffee table with her arms burdened with albums. Lily followed behind with her arms overflowing. They put their albums on the table and Lily sat on the floor, motioning for Samantha to do the same.

"Now Sam, let's get cracking. There's lots to see. Let Operation Embarrassing Photos officially commence."

Samantha chuckled as she sat down.