Chapter 51 - Quad Ride Home

Jake looked at the watch on his wrist. Earlier in the water the two of them had quickly discussed how they were going to deal with the impromptu party that Sharron had foisted on them. All of Samantha's things were still in his bedroom as they had planned on spending one last night at his house before going to Josh's. They decided that it would be easier to leave early, grab their stuff from Jake's and then spend the night at Josh's.

Josh nodded at Jake. He rolled onto his side to face Samantha. He lifted his hand and ran his fingertips down her spine as he brought his head closer to hers. "Baby, we should probably leave now to get ready for the party."

"Hmmm." Samantha stretched like a cat under the workings of Josh's fingers. She turned her head to face him; her lips just inches from his. She could feel his breath caress her face. She licked her lips before sucking on her bottom lip. "Just a few more minutes of this first, please?"

"For you, anything." He leaned forward to kiss her lips as his hand continued to massage up and down her spine.

"You two are just so cute together," one of the non-topless girls said destroying the bubble that Josh and Samantha had found themselves in.

Josh pulled back. He looked at Samantha with his love for her clearly etched on his face. A few girls let out soft sighs before Cheryl's voice pierced the silence. "Funny thing, Josh. Your mom doesn't seem to know about you and Samantha. In fact, she told me earlier today how cute Samantha and Jake were together."

There were a few quiet gasps and some people murmured "Cheryl", but Cheryl didn't give an inch. She stared heatedly at Josh, Samantha, and Jake.

Jake had had his back to the group. He had been pulling out their clothes from the bag that Samantha had put them in when Cheryl made her statement. His back stiffened before he continued on with what he had been doing. As soon as he had the clothes out, he turned around to face Cheryl.

Josh gritted his teeth and closed his eyes. He wanted nothing better than to throttle Cheryl even though he would never knowingly harm a girl. In her case he was willing to make an exception. He felt Samantha kiss the tip of his nose which brought a smile to his face. He opened his eyes to see the look of love and sympathy on her face. Seeing that look on her face made him realize that was willing to put up with all this grief from from his mother, Cheryl, and anyone else who wanted to harp on his relationship with Samantha so long as he was able to keep her by his side.

He winked at her before pushing himself up into a seated position. He gave Cheryl a hard look. "It goes to show you that I don't share everything with my mother. It seems that somehow you get my mom to spill everything about my life so is it any wonder that I didn't tell my mother about Samantha and I?"

Samantha pushed herself upright with one hand clutched across her chest to hold her bikini top in place. She reached a hand out to rub Josh's back. She felt him tense even further as Cheryl gave him a smug look in return to his statement. She could tell that he was about to lose his cool with Cheryl. Under normal circumstances, she would have been fine with him telling someone where to go, but she had a bad feeling about Cheryl. She continued to rub his back until he started to relax.

Jake watched the stand off with interest and concern. Cheryl really needed to be put into her place. Any relationship that Josh had had nothing to do with her. Add to that the way that she tried to make it sound that Samantha was cheating on Josh with him made his blood boil. What the three of them did or didn't do was none of Cheryl's business.

He noticed that Samantha was struggling to sit upright, calm Josh down, and to keep her bikini top on all at once. He moved closer to her. "Let me do up your ties," he whispered from behind her.