A Man Out Of Time.

Steve's POV.

On our way to the apartment. I looked out the window. They say that this is New York but it looks so different! I don't even recognize it anymore! Outside we pass a building with a giant moving picture on the side of it. Its advertising some new product I've never heard of before. I look back down to my hands thinking. "You okay?" Agent Hill asks "Yeah. I just..." I sigh. "What city are we in?" I ask, avoiding the subject. "Uh, New York, New York." Hill answered. "I see. Is there any chance I could get an apartment in... I don't know Brooklyn?" I asked cautiously. "Well yes ,but we have already rented the other apartment and furnished it for you. Why don't you try a few months here, who knows you may like it." "Yeah." I doubtfully answered back. I don't see how I'll ever really like it here. Listen to myself! Sounding as if I'm not on the same planet! "Captain? We're here. You ready?" The Agent asked. Well I better get started with my new life. "Yep, Lets do it." I said positively. As we walked up the stairs I see a pretty blonde woman with a blue shirt on she looks about 23 years old. It's strange how much her face looks like Peg. It must just be me missing her so much. Going down the stairs she smiles at me and I smile back. Hill and I arrive at a door and she gives me a key. With it I unlock the door. "Welcome home Cap." Hill says. As soon as I go in, I see all the furniture. It's not too different from the stuff we had in the 40's. I look around at the walls and I see a huge screen. "What's that on the wall?" I asked. Hill looked over at the wall, smiled, and laughed quietly "That's called a television." I look at the "television" and back at the agent waiting for her to explain. "It was invented in the late 40's, probably a year or two after you crashed. It's basically movies in your home."she explained. I thought about it. Technology has really taken off! We went into the dining room, then into the bedroom. I looked around, there was another television in this room to but it was smaller. I didn't see any radio though. "Do you know what a radio is?" Thinking about how old I am the radio must be ancient! They may not even use it anymore. "Um, yes I do Captain." She giggled. "There's one in your alarm clock over there, actually." I walk over, to what seemed to be an electric clock, and press a button that says fm radio and it comes on. I sigh with relief. At least some things are still around from my day. "Well Captain as long as you are settled in I will leave you to your privacy." Agent Hill said. I nodded "Thank you for all your help ma'am." I said and shook her hand "Well it's all part of the job. Plus your a nice guy. I'm sorry this happened to you." "Thank you. I'll make it though." I answered. "If you need anything, here's a cellphone with SHIELDS number on it. After she gave it to me she explained what a "cell phone" does and how to use it. Then she left. ****************************
****************************************
The next day I decided to go out for a walk downtown. While walking I saw people at booths selling what looked like cellphones and at another booth a saw what looked like woman's face makeup. I turned the corner and saw stores with clothes in the widow. The styles have changes a lot! Then I passed some teenagers walking when I heard one girl say "OMG! Why would he do that!" What does OMG even mean? Then I passed a booth with pillows that had faces on them. One was smiling and crying and the other had a heart by its mouth. One girl was standing by the one that was smiling and crying and said to her Mom "LOL! I want this so bad!" I shook my head in disbelief. It's like they don't speak English anymore! After the walk I stopped at a cafe and started drawing a skyscraper I saw that it had the name Stark on it. Stark? As in Howard Stark? I wonder what happened to him? After eating I went home. I was sitting down when I heard a nock at the door. I opened it and saw....

Cliff hanger! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'm having so much fun writing this! Will update soon!😘