Young At Heart

Peggy's POV.

Steve helped me up out of my wheelchair and held me close. I know it sounds silly, but as soon as he held me in his arms I felt like a young girl again. He started swaying and humming. He was humming the song The Way You Look Tonight. I had never heard Steve hum before. He had a sweet voice. I remembered all the wonderful memories I had of him.

 I remembered all the wonderful memories I had of him

Steve's POV.
I started to sway back and forth with her. Then I started humming a song called The Way You Look Tonight. I felt as if nothing really ever changed. As I hummed I remembered all the wonderful times I had with Peggy.

Authors Note: please watch video. The video is both their memories. Also Steve is not the voice that is singing in the video. It was just the only video with that song I could find. Also Steve hums it MUCH slower.

After we danced for a little while I helped her to her bed and we talked. We talked about old times, the war and SHIELD. Then finally I asked her a question that had been on mind ever since I got there. "Peg?" "Yes Steve." She answered. "Who did you marry and have a family with?" I asked.
She looked at me with a sad and worried face on.  "Steve I-" "It's okay Peg. Tell me I want to know." I smiled and said.  She sighed and smiled softly "His name was Daniel. Daniel Sousa." She smiled sadly.

"Did I know him?" I asked, remembering what she had said about her husband on the interview

"Did I know him?" I asked, remembering what she had said about her husband on the interview. "No. You did save him though, along with some other men in Russia." She answered. I nodded. "She put her hand under my chin and made me look at her. "You know that if you would have been aliv- I mean around, it would have been different." I nodded "I know. And that's what makes me so mad! I lost you, when it could have been so different!" I said. My eyes were starting to tear up. She looked at me and smiled "Steve don't be mad. You have to let go. I did. It was hard but after years of holding on, I had to let go. I had to live my life. Just like your going to have to live yours."

Authors Note: this video is what Peggy's thinking about.

"I know. It's so hard though. I love you." I said without thinking. She again smiled sadly "Steve. I loved you too, and still do, but you have to let go of me. I won't be around for long. I'm getting older. At some point your going to have to let go of me whether you like it or not." She said softly. I looked at her realizing what she meant. I was going to have to let go of her either now or when she passed away. Ugh! The thought of her dying! I hated it, it should be me not her! She's so innocent! It's not fair! I tried to calm down. I can't put her through this. I grabbed her hand "I know. I will. But I will always love you." I told her "I know and I will always love you too." She said and squeezed my hand then patted my arm. "And Peggy, I'm happy for you. And glad that you found someone who loved you as much as I do." "Thank you. And I did. And I was very inlove with him to." Later she told me about her 2 children Steve, and Kathy.

Authors Note: Steve is the boy and Kathy is the girl in both pictures

"You named your son after me? Why? Didn't  your husband have a problem with that?" I asked. She laughed a bit "No. He was fine with it especially since you saved his life. He and I wanted to honor you. I thought that it would be nice to name him that because...you were a hero. And you changed my life." I felt very flattered. After awhile It was time for me to leave so I said goodbye to Peggy. "Bye Peggy, I promise I'll be back to visit soon." "I know you will." She smiled. "Good bye, Steve." She said smiling sadly. I hugged her and walked to the door. I was about to leave when I remembered the flowers I had bought for Peggy. I looked over to the end table and remembered that I had set them there. I went over and picked them up and gave them to her. "For you, Peggy. You've been my anchor ever since I met you. Even before I was Captain America you were there for me and I love you for it." I kissed her on her forehead. "Steve, thank you. You were the same thing for me, even when you weren't there I would remember the strength you had. That's what would get me through my day. Good luck." She said and kissed me on the cheek. Then I left.

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter! I wonder what will happen to Steve next!