Normal

Steve's POV.

I was sitting on a bench in Central Park when I heard a women's voice. "Hey fella." I turned to see Tasha. I stood up. "Hey. What's up?" "It's a long story actually. I had a dream. And it was filled with memories. Memories I don't remember living. And they were about you and me." She said sitting on the bench. "Yeah?" I said worriedly. "When you were acting weird like you didn't know what happened in the last 4 years you were serious weren't you?" She asked. I sighed "Yes." "Why couldn't you remember?" "I-you wouldn't believe if I told you." I said. "Try me." I sighed again. I explained everything to her. By the end of the story her eyes were wide. "What?" "I know. It's confusing. I was confused for a while to." "So that's what all those memories are from." She said. "Yeah. I guess so." "But how do I remember it then?" She asked. "I guess you stood too close to the portal." I answered. She nodded. "Hey Steve?" She asked. "Yeah?" "Having those memories doesn't change the way I feel about you now." She told me. I smiled. "I know. And it works out well because I don't feel that way either. I love Peggy and anything else that happened to me is in the past." She nodded. "Well I've got to go." "Okay bye. Oh and don't tell anyone about the time travel thing." "Okay I won't. Bye." Then she left.
Natasha's POV.

After talking to Steve it all made sense. I'm really happy he can be inlove now. And he needs to be happy. I guess we just weren't meant to be together, because in both time lines... it never plays out. I'm kind of glad though. He's a really good friend and I wouldn't want to loose that.

I went back to my apartment and thought for a while. 'You know Peggy must think I'm still a threat. Even though it was an act, she doesn't know that.' I thought. Quickly I grabbed my jacket and headed to the Avengers building.

When I got there I headed to The living room. I saw Wanda sitting on the couch with her lap top. "Hey Wanda do you know where Peggy is?" I asked. "Oh hey! And she's in my bedroom freshening up. I don't know why, but apparently women from the 40's did that." I nodded. "Thanks Wanda." I said. Then I headed to the bedroom.

I knocked on the door and it opened. "Hey Peggy can uh, we talk?" She looked a little stern. "Yes we can." I walked in and sat on the bed, while Peggy sat in a chair. "Okay so I wanted you to know that I'm no longer a threat to you at all." I explained. Her face softened. "You came all the way down here to tell me this?" She asked. "Yeah, I knew after seeing me with Steve you would have found it hard to forget about all that, so I thought I should come and tell you so you don't have to worry anymore." I explained. She nodded and smiled.

"Thank you Natasha. And thank you for being there for Steve when he needed someone." She thanked me. I nodded. "No problem." Then we stood up and hugged. "Friends?" She asked. I smiled. "Friends." Then we hugged again. "Hey would you like to be a bridesmaid at my wedding?" Peggy asked. I smiled widely. "Of course!" I exclaimed. "Great!" We hugged one more time then said goodbye and I left.

It was nice to finally have everything back to normal. I have a great friend back and one great new one, Peggy. The only thing that was missing was...Bruce. Just then I heard a knock at my door. "Come in!" I yelled. The door opened to reveal Clint. "Hey Nat." I smiled sadly.

I hadn't seen him since Tony's wedding. It was sad what happened. About a year ago, Clint got a phone call while he was at the grocery and his wife was screaming. Clint rushed home and saw that his whole house had been destroyed. And his wife was dead, his kids had fled into the barn with thief baby brother like their mother had told them to and we're still alive. He was happy they were alive, but crushed about his wife and wanted revenge. When he found out that it was Crossbones and that the psychiatrist had hired him...he joined Caps team to get revenge. Finding out about Steve time traveling I knew that he needed to know, but I decided not to tell him yet.

I went to Clint and hugged him. "Hey." We hugged. "How are you?" "Better. I've decided to come back into the Avengers permanently." "He told me. "Well it's good to have you back." I told him. "I missed you Nat." "I missed you to." I told him. I'm so lucky to have a best friend like him. I hope he knows that.

"Hey so how are the kids?" I asked

"Hey so how are the kids?" I asked. "Their better, they miss you though." I smiled. "I miss them to. So where are you going to be moving?" "Probably somewhere near the Avengers building." He answered. I nodded. "Well it's great to have you back." "Thanks."
And now I had my best friend back. Could this get any better?

"Oh guess what?" "What?" He asked. "Steve and Peggy are getting married!" "Really! That's amazing! I knew the Captain was needed to, but I never thought he had the guts." He laughed. "Yeah same. I'm going to be a bridesmaid." "Cool. You'll be a great bridesmaid." "Thanks."

Suddenly I realized he was looked at me strangely. "What?" I asked. "N-nothing just thinking." "About?" "About us." He answered. 'Us?' I thought. "Us?" "Yeah. Thank you for always being there Tasha." "No problem your my best friend." I answered. "Yeah." He kept looking at me oddly. Like I was his whole world. "Clint?" "Yeah?" "I loved talking to you, but I've got to...call...Fury. He needed to talk to me about something." I lied. "Okay see you later." Then he left. "What was that?"