S.H.I.E.L.D.

4 months later..................

Natasha's POV.

So, Steve has joined SHIELD. and has been with us for about 4 months now. I usually like to just handle jobs on my own, but I have to admit it's nice to have a friend along. Anyway we trained him a little bit for two months. Not like he needs any, but we did it to teach him how to use the "new tech", at least it's new to him. Cap and I have been on 20 missions together already so we've both gotten the hang of this partnership thing. Sitting in the cafeteria thinking about all this I suddenly feel someone touch my shoulder, jerking me out of my thoughts. I turn around quickly making the man jump. "Oh hey Steve. I was just thinking about you." I told him. "Oh really" he raised his eyebrow. I role my eyes " anyway so how do you like working here now?" Actually, I think working for SHIELD has really helped me through everything. Not that I agree with everything they do though." He said. I just smiled.
6 months later*******************
*************************************
Steve's POV.
So I live in D.C. now where SHIELD is. It's  nice. Natasha and I have gotten pretty close lately. She's actually really sweet. I decided to go for a run  for a while. When I did I kept passing this man who was also running as fast as any regular man could run. "On your left." I say running past him.
I hear him behind me say. "Okay."  On the 3rd lap I start to pass him again and he's not even on the 2nd lap. "On your left." I said. I heard him again say "On my left. Got it." He seemed a little annoyed. On the 4th lap I started passing him again just as he was finishing 2nd lap. It was starting to get fun. He must have heard my feet because he started yelling back to me. "Don't say it. Don't you say it!" He said trying to run faster. I smiled and ran right passed him "On your left. "Come on!" He yelled in defeat. Later I stopped running and found him siting against a tree out of breath. "Need a medic?" I asked "I need a new pair of lungs. Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in like 30 minutes." He said amazed. "I guess I got a late start." I joked. He laughed. "Really. You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." He said and looked away. I stood silently catching my breath a little. Then he looked back at me "Did you just take it? I assume you just took it." I laughed then I noticed his shirt "What unit were you with?" I asked "58th para rescue. Now I'm working down at the V.A. Sam Wilson." He said puting out his hand I pulled him up. "Steve Rogers." I said. "I kinda put that together. It must have freaked you out,coming home after the whole defrosting thing." "It takes some getting used to." I answered "Nice to meet you Sam." "It's your bed right?" He asked as I was walking away "What?" "When I was oversees I lied on the ground. Now I'm home and it's like..." "Lying on a marshmallow. Feeling like I'm going to sink right to the floor. How long?" I asked. "Two tours. You must miss the good old days. Huh?" He was partly right, but I've learned somethings aren't so bad. "Well, things aren't so bad. The foods a lot better. We used to boil everything. No polio's good. Internet so helpful. Been reading that a lot trying to catch up." "Okay look up... Marvin Gates, 1972 Trouble Man soundtrack . Everything you missed packed into one album." "I'll put that on the list." I say pulling out my pin and notebook.

My phone buzzed I looked at it

My phone buzzed I looked at it. It said mission alert meet you at the curb;). "Alright Sam duty calls. Thanks for the run." I said shaking his hand. "If that's what you call running." "Oh that how it is."he asked "Oh that's how it is." I said. "Okay" We both laughed. Then Tasha drove up in a sports car and roled down her window. "Hey fellas, either of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." "Oh that's hilarious." I said mockingly and got in the car. "So what is it this time?" I asked. "A crew has kidnapped one of SHIELD's boats and is holding the are crew hostage." She answered. "Okay let's do it." We arrived at SHIELD and went in. We headed to the stairs "Suit up and tell the others to meet at the quinjet." I ordered "Yes sir." She said. When I was in my suit I came out to meet Nat. I   had gotten a new suit just yesterday so it felt a little snug. Truthfully I liked the Red and blue better.