The Newest Stark

Steve's POV.

It' been almost 3 months since Peggy told me about the baby. I'm really happy! Also Pepper is due this month sometime. Tony's really nervous. But I know that he can do it. He's a lot more responsible now. As much as he can be at least. I mean he's still Tony Stark.

I walked into the living room and saw Peggy sitting in the couch watching tv. I smiled. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her. "Hey." She smiled at me. "Hi. How's everyone doing?" I asked her. She giggled. "Just fine. We're both fine." "Good." I said then kissed her forehead. 

A few minutes later my cell phone rang. I answered it. "Hello?" "Steve!" Tony yelled. "Tony! What's going on?" I asked. "It's-it's Pepper... She-she's going to have it!" He panicked. "Tony, Tony. Calm down okay? Are you at the hospital yet?" I asked. "No, we are leaving right now as we speak." "Okay we'll meet you at the hospital." "Okay thanks. Bye." "Bye." I said hanging up.

"Peg. Pepper and Tony are on their way to the hospital. The baby's coming. We've got to go." I explained. "Okay. Help me up." She said. I grab her hands and gently pulled her up. "Thank you dear." "No problem honey." We got in the car and drive to the hospital.

When we got there Tony and Pepper were already there. The nurses were taking Pepper back in a wheel chair Tony was going with her. "Tony!" I shouted. "Steve!" He exclaimed. He ran over to me and Peggy. "Hey thanks for coming." "Oh we wouldn't miss this Tony!" Peggy told him. "Well I've got to go with Pepper I'll let you know what happens." "Alright." Peggy said. Then he left with Pepper.

Three hours later Peggy and I went to McDonalds to get something to eat. Then we came back. 6 hours later Tony came out into the waiting room. "Guys! It's over.  He's here!" He exclaimed. I smiled. "Tony that's wonderful!" Peggy exclaimed. Thanks you wanna come and see them?" He asked. "Of course." We both answered.

We walked back to the delivery room and saw Pepper holding her baby. We walked over to her. "Honey look whose here." Tony said. Peppers eyes lit up. "Steve Peggy! Thanks for coming!" She whispered. "No problem. We wouldn't miss this." I told her. "What's his name?" Peggy asked. "Bryson. Bryson, Howard Stark." Pepper said smiling down at her pride and joy. "Yup. He's handsome isn't he?" Tony asked. I chuckled and nodded. "Yes he is. Looks very much like you Pepper." Peggy said. "Thanks but he has Tony's face." She smiled.

"You wanna hold him?" Pepper asked Peggy

"You wanna hold him?" Pepper asked Peggy. "Definitely!" She gave Bryce to Peg. Peg took him in her arms. He whined a little but calmed and went back to sleep. Peggy smiled. "He's beautiful Pepper! I'm so happy for you two. Congratulations!" They both smiled at each other. "Thanks." Tony said. I chuckled.

"You wanna hold him?" Peggy asked. "Sure." She gave him to me. "Well I've gotten to see three generations of the Stark family. And I was lucky enough to meet them all. It's nice to meet you Bryson." I said. Then laughed.

"You know your turns coming up pretty soon too." Tony said. "Yes it is." "You nervous?" Tony asked. "A little." I laughed nervously. "You'll be a great Dad Steve. Trust me. Your the most mature person I know." "But I don't want to be....a stick in the mud." I said. "You won't be. You guys are going to make amazing parents! Stop worrying!" Pepper said.

"Thanks. Here I think he wants his mom." I said handing him back to Pepper. "Well we better head on home. See you all later." I said. "Okay thanks for coming! Bye." Tony said. "Bye!" We both said and left.

Tony's POV.

I was sitting in the hospital room watching Pepper with Bryson. I smiled. I couldn't believe this was real. It felt like a dream. A wonderful perfect dream. I was worried I was going to wake up any second.

I walked over to her and petted her hair gently. "I love you...both." She looked up at me and smiled. I sat down next to her. "We love you to." She said and held my hand. I smiled and looked down at Bryce and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Pepper asked. "I just...I want to be as good of a dad as mine was. I mean I know he wasn't always there, but he was there when I needed him the most. I could always count on him. I just want this kid to be able to do the same. And...I want him to be better than me. Not a player or irresponsible or a money hungry billionaire. I want him to be a mature, loving, selfless, honorable boy."

"And so do I. Look, your going to be a great father and if you make some mistakes...it's okay. Even the best fathers make mistakes." "Okay thank you darling. I'm going to let you and Bryce rest. I love you. Night." I said. "Goodnight." Then I left.