Homecoming

Steve's POV.

Peggy and I had been back in New York for two weeks now. Our honeymoon was nice, but we were glad to be back. We moved into our new house last week and our very happy. I never thought my life would ever be simple. It's almost like a dream.

I'm standing by the door waiting for Peggy to get ready. We are going to the park near our house. We like to walk together and talk. It's something special we do. "Peggy! Are you almost ready sweetheart?" I yelled up to her. "Yes darling just one minute!" She yelled back.
I groaned. 'How long does it take just to get ready to go for a walk?' I thought. Then she came down. "Ready!" "Okay let's go." I said and we walked out.

At the park we walked around and saw Oman ice cream cart. "Let's get some." Peggy said. "Alright." I walked over and bought us both ice cream.we walked and then sat down on a concrete coping. "So how does it feel to be married to Captain America?" I joked. "It's Alright I guess." Peggy answered. I raised my eyebrows. "Ouch." I said acting hurt. She smiled sweetly.

"I'm joking

"I'm joking." She said nudging me playfully. I laughed. "It's wonderful." She finally confessed. "Good." I said smiling. Then we just sat quietly and watched all the children playing on the playground. I looked over at Peggy who was taking it all in and smiling. "Your beautiful. You know that?" I asked out of no where. She turned and blushed. "Thank you. Your not to bad yourself Captain." She she commented. I laughed. I loved these moments together.

Natasha's POV.

I was sitting with Skyler, Clint's daughter, reading her a book when I heard Clint call for me. "Tasha!" "Coming!" I shouted back. I went into the kitchen where he was. "Hey." I said and gave him a kiss. We were a couple now. I couldn't believe this was happening.
****************flashback****************

Steve and Peggy's wedding.

I was standing in the hallway waiting for the wedding to start when Clint walk up to me. "Tasha, you look....amazing." He said. I smirked. "Thanks. You don't look to bad yourself." "Hey Tasha can I talk to you for a second?" Clint asked. "Sure?"

We walked over to a corner in the hallway. " "Remember the other day when you asked me what I was thinking about?" He asked. "Yeah...you said us. And then you thanked me for always being there for you." I answered. "Right, well I-I wasn't being very truthful." "What do you mean?" I asked cautiously.

"I was thinking about us, but...Tasha?" He asked. "Uh, yeah?" "It's been more than  a year since... Laura..." He shook his head. "But Tasha I've realized, through my own kids..." He laughed. My stomach tightened. "That I...."
"Okay it's time everyone get ready!" Pepper announced. We both jumped. "Well...we better get going." "O-okay I'll tell you later." *************

After at the reception Skyler came up to me holding on to Clint's hand. "Aunt Natasha, Daddy has something to tell you." She said. I laughed. "Okay." "Honey we don't have to..." Clint started. "No Daddy. Here he is." She said releasing his hand and pushing him to me. We were inches away from each other. I nervously laughed. "I'll leave you to alone." Then she walked away.

Clint laughed nervously and backed up. "Kids huh?" "Yeah. So what was it tang you uh...?" "Oh yeah..." He took a deep breath. "Natasha. I..."

Then he was interrupted again by Thor. "Natasha! It is wonderful to see you again! My fellow war hero! How are-" I cut him off. "Not now Thor." "Oh you to are having a conference. I see well... I will depart now and head over to the Captain. Good day." I nodded. "Captain!" He bellowed as he walked off.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay so you were saying?" "I don't know maybe..." Clint said beating around the bush. "Tell me." "Okay. Natasha...I-I have....feelings for...you." He took a deep breath and exhaled. I was shocked and stood there silently. "Can you uh, please say something? He asked. "Wow." Was all I could say. "Wow? Okay maybe I wasn't clear. Do you feel the same way?" He finally asked.

I thought for a moment. 'I love Clint. But do I love him in that way anymore? I would do anything for him, I love his children, but I also loved Laura. She was like a sister to me. Okay... Clint's sweet, kind, protective, smart, funny...strong, handsome sooo sweet, wait. I think I do love, love him!" I thought.

"I-I do." His eyes widened. "Great!" "But what about Laura?" I asked. "Laura?" I nodded he sighed. "I was in love with her and always will be, but you can fall inlove again. And I have. "
He explained.

"Well then...yeah I do." "Okay. Kids! Come here!" He called. "Yeah?" They both asked. "She said said she did." They both ran and hugged me. "Awesome!" Henry and Skyler shouted. And then Clint and I danced.
*************end of flashback************

"Hey." He said back. "Can you help feed Nathaniel?" He asked. "Sure!" I exclaimed. I picked him up out of his play pin and set him in the high chair. "Here we go buddy." I said in baby talk. Nathaniel was a two years old now. He looked just like Clint. I fed him his Mac and cheese and then laid him down for his nap. I went back into the living room to find Clint and Henry building a wooden model race car. "Hey I've gotta go meet Maria. Nathan is down for his nap so I thought it would be a good time." I said. He stood up and walked me to the door. "Thanks Tasha. For everything." He said and kissed me. "Your welcome." Then I left.

Clint's POV.

I saw Tasha off and shut the door. Then Skyler raced up to me. "She's great daddy." She said. Then I remembered how this all started.
*****************flashback***************

I had come back from visiting with Natasha and telling her I was join him the team again. I walked in and Skyler ran into my arms. "Woah!" "Daddy!" She shouted and hugged me. "Hey Dad!" Henry yelled while hold Nathaniel. "Hey son!" "Did you see Aunt Tasha?" Sky asked. "Yeah I did." I answered and sat down in the couch.

"Did you tell her?" She asked. "Tell her what?" "That you like her?" She asked. "What?" I asked confused. "Did you tell her that you like,like her yet?" "What!?" I exclaimed. Then I looked over at Henry. Who nodded knowingly. "Kids I do not like, like Aunt Natasha." "It's okay Dad we know she's not our real blood aunt. And we know that you like her. We actually think it awesome! At least it's not someone we don't know and love." He said.

"Look, I don't know where you go this idea, but..." "From the way you act around her..." Sky said. "...And look at her...." Henry continued. "I do not look at her anyway!" "You look at her like she's your angel. You never used until Mom... you know, but I guess you fell inlove again. Mom said that can happen if the person you loved first is gone." Henry said. I sighed.

"Do I "love" Natasha? I think she's nice, kind-hearted, loving, smart, .....beautiful, has the sweetest smile...wait. I do love her!' I thought in realization. I sighed heavily. "How did you guys know if I didn't?" I asked. They both shrugged. "We're smart and observant that's what mom and Aunt Natasha always said. And you don't have to worry about us Dad. Again, we think it's cool that it's Natasha and not some random stranger. Aunt Nat would make a great Mom if it came down to that." Then Skyler smiled widely with excitement and nodded. "Okay. So now what?" I asked. "You tell her your feelings Daddy." Sky said. "Okay. I will."
************end of flashbacks************

"I know honey." I said and hugged Sky. "Mommy's happy." She said. And my heart hurt a little. "How do you know?" I asked. "I talk to her when I miss her and even though she doesn't answer back I can feel that she's happy. Oh, but she also wants you to know that if you hide your feelings again that she will be mad at you. And that she wants us all to be happy because if we're sad she's sad." Sky said.

I smiled at her gently. Filled with sadness. I knew she hadn't actually talked to her mother, but I knew what she meant. "Okay well, mommy won't have to worry anymore." "Good!" Then she jumped up ask hugged me again. 'I miss you Laura. I think I've found the happiness you were talking about, but it will never be the same as you. You will always be my first and most special love.'